Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Friday 31 July 2015

Sunshine Dollup XXII

I think the  courvoisier was doing my head in by the time Tamara left. Or maybe my  mixology tonight rather. BellaRina and I  kept talking. I had a good time laughing with her. We all went home by midnight.  When I got to my car,  I contemplated taking out my handbag and getting a cab home. Just then, my phone began to vibrate.  I took it out of my handbag and checked. 

'Hello... Hello  beautiful.'  My heart began to beat faster and sadly, though I was already in a state of confusion, my brain decided to shut off abruptly. Claude looked cute as always and he had that smile on. The smile that only helped  my brain to shut off completely.  Claude was not exactly what you would call handsome but the guy was fine for some weird reason. I hated  the fact that he had such an effect on me.  I heard Sally's voice ; 'Ella,  Rina is taking  a cab home, I think you should do same.' 'Please hold on' I said to Claude. 'I'll be fine Sally.' 'No. I insist Ella.' 'Ok. I give up .' 'Please take out your valuables.  Leave your car here and come get it tomorrow.  I still want my best friends safe after tonight.' I laughed out loud at her statement. 'Whats funny Ella?' ' Nothing....'

I went back to my phone conversation with Claude. 'Where are you?  I'm at Marbles.  Are you okay?  Yes I'm fine. Is there a problem with with your car? Errrmmm no. So why do you have to take a cab home?' I don't   know where Sally came from.  My door was open and my lights were on. 'Because I can't  trust her to get home safely...she's had too much to drink...' Sally answered. 'Ohhhh Sally?'  Sally tried hard looking on my phone's screen to see who I was talking with. 'Hi. Hi. I'm Sally. My name is Claude.' I  looked on as they both got acquainted on imo. I ended the call with Claude promising to call him back on my way home.

I stepped out of my car and locked it. I followed Sally who had a cab waiting for me. She hugged me goodnight and I got back and stayed on the phone with Claude till I arrived home but not on video call.  Claude didn't believe I  was tipsy. He thought I looked normal earlier. I was over laughing though but he mentioned the fact that he liked it. 

He had only gotten off the phone with me after I  arrived home. He gave me time to freshen up before calling me back.  'Are you okay? ' I nodded to say yes. I noticed he looked concerned. We didn't stay on the phone for too long.  He said I needed to rest so he left me so I could catch some sleep.

I woke up to the vibrating of my phone.  Goodness! I had thirty missed calls and twelve chats. The call  ended by the time I picked up the phone.









For my year group..

Party night....
UPS year group reunion.
Observed from my little corner though.
Hope to join you next time.
God bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment