Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Thursday 30 July 2015

Sunshine Dollup: Diary of A Single Sister XXI

I got to marbles at 9pm.
I had  left the office late on a Friday night.  Had lots of work to do and I took my time to do it  knowing I had nothing to do immediately except for my night out with the girls. I had not seen them in a while and was really looking forward to seeing them tonight.

The rest of my week had been uneventful.Aya did not come back to place on Tuesday evening.  She had gone home to Mummy and though I missed having her around, Mummy too needed her at home else she would be  so lonely.

As I stepped into Marbles, I looked around to find my girls. I saw them at our usual place in the corner at the pub. 'Hey girllllllll' Sally screamed. Getting up to hug me. 'Heyyyy girls. '  They each took turns to hug me. Everyone was there. 'You look sassy girlfriend. ' Bellarina said. I took my seat beside Telley. 'And she's glowing tonight' added Sally.  I laughed at them. 'You girls look beautiful as always' I stated as a matter of fact. 'Thankssss. ' They mumbled. 'This isn't about us girl.  Its about youuuuu baby.' Said Bellarina pointing at me.

The waiter came to take my order but I opted to join Bellarina who had a whole bottle of irish cream seated infront of her. I was brought a disposable cup to help myself and the party began.  My girls and I just talked. Tamara wasn't drinking tonight. She just had water infront of her. 'Whatsup with the water stuff' I inquired. 'Oppppps.' Sally said sending everyone laughing.

Tamara started rubbing her left hand on her belly. Smiling. 'Ella, you know what, your girl here is going to be a mother..... Yaaaaaaay. ' All the girls began to scream. We later popped champagne to celebrate Tamara's  pregnancy. We had a good time dancing and I had lots to drink. Diet pepsi and remi martin. Even after several glasses, I couldn't feel the effect of the remi martin so I asked for two shots of couversier. I knew this was bad but I couldn't help having a variety tonight. 

Bellarina and I were sharing the same drinks. Sally danced the whole time  with some cute Japanese guy. Tamara just looked on. Sally's hubby was out of town so tonight she wasn't in a hurry to go home. Tamara left at 11pm. Mark kept calling her all through and she finally got pissed and went home. Tamara mentioned, Mark was home hence his persistent calls. Tamara was a lecturer at the school of communications studies at the University where we had all attended for our first degree.  Had been married since age thirty  but  had no issue.  She  was finally pregnant.

Sally was the C.E.O of her IT company that she started right after first degree and she had a minimum staff of fifteen.  She was also married and had two girls.
She was also the oldest of all of us. Bellarina  was the youngest of us all. I was a year older than her and she was running her mum's school from early childhood to Junior High School. She  was also married with two children;  a boy and a girl.

I had met all these amazing girls during my freshman days in University. We had become friends and since then, it did not matter where we found ourselves, our friendship knew no boundaries. Time has indeed proved that we could not be separated by distance or interests. These were the most reliable friends I had beside my sisters. They have been there through it all.  The only thing that was obvious was my being single. They still loved me though they disappointed me mostly on Friday nights by calling our meetings off.












Just to reiterate, this story is fictional. Excerpts/ Snippets in raw form from a novel. (Meaning no proofreading has been done)
If you think this story is about you, that's your business! I'm not altering it because someone thinks I'm writing about them. A writer should possess the ability to imagine even things they haven't experienced.  That's the whole point. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment