Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Wednesday 22 July 2015

My People Are Wondering

After my experience  the other night, I'm tempted to do this again. Touching on a very sensitive issue. Not my style.

I want to write a letter to the member of parliament for this area.(Thanks to my foundation,  he's now my friend but....) The question is do I or do I not? What difference would it make by the way?

Firstly I think my people will not vote according to tribal lines come 2016. Ask me why? Accra to Ho is just two hours drive but it now takes four hours to get to Ho. Accra to Hohoe is four hours drive, it now takes seven to eight hours to get there. Simply because Adomi bridge was  closed down for rehabilitation works.

The alternative routes; Akuse, Sogakope and Senchi are not ready to withstand the pressure from road users. The road from Akuse right after the bridge is untarred and really bad. Sogakope seems a good alternative but again that road is bad at a certain point. Senchi ferry seems the ideal alternative but I think that, parts of the eastern and volta regions have been cut off. There are only two ferries and every time one has to queue for hours just to use the ferry. Whilst waiting to use the ferry, if you do not use the back door, be sure you will queue forever.

Didn't the government  envisage this? Why weren't all alternative routes carefully rehabilitated  before the closure of the Adomi bridge?  Why are my people being taken for granted? Why must a four hour journey become an eight hour journey? It's not fair taking into consideration the fact that my region always added up to make the grand total of the votes to bring the current administration into power. I'm sorry but my people are displeased and will vote for the issues next time.

I also want to find out why there are no street lights on the Kpeve mountain that serves as an alternative route to Hohoe from Accra following rehabilitation and closure of the Peki road? No lights on that mountain.  On Saturday night,  there was an accident, and since there are no lights, how are drivers supposed to know? The road on the mountain has lots of potholes. What is going on? Can't the MP for the area have the highways and whoever is in charge do something about the poor nature of the road. At most,  fill in the potholes and put street lights on that road? Do we have to wait for people to perish on that road before action is taken?

I was told about an MP who tarred the road leading to his hometown for easy access prior to his mum's funeral. Oh yeah. Then fix this mess please.  It isn't fun travelling or driving on this Kpeve Hohoe stretch of road. The contractor in charge should speed up with the rehabilitation works so the work can be completed on time. ( Hear its been awarded to a chinese contractor. Better see to it that the job is done). Well, I hear its been halted though. A few months ago,  at  dawn on a Saturday,  an innocent woman crossing the road died due to the nature of the road and poor visibility. Why?? Though we were in a hurry to get to the unveiling of the tombstone, a human life had been lost and we could not just drive on. Years on, nothing has been done about this same road.

My region cries for attention.
My region says wake up MPs
My region says
Do not neglect us, politicians
My region says
Are we also part of Ghana?
Do not forget they are the electorates.

I'm done addressing this issue.
Now, do I tell the MP or do I just shut up?  Honestly,  I hate travelling on that road but Cuties Readerfeast will need me to travel on it so what do I do????












I know I've been telling people I'm sleepy; effects of the medication but I just had to do this. Share my thoughts. 

1 comment:

  1. Sis u need to write dis in e dailies pls,cos u cnt shut up wit dis pls.I beg.Am damn serious abt dis..uv always been ma vry own peot..best of all tyms

    ReplyDelete