Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Tuesday 14 July 2015

Sunshine Dollup XIV

The drive home was calm as the car was quiet giving me enough time to reflect on my day. I got to the gates and waited for the gates to open. Thankfully the parking spot where I always parked was still empty. Usually on Friday nights when I got back, I had to find somewhere else to park because it would have been taken over by some other car. Though no one was alloted a particular parking spot, the people who lived on my flat were conservative when it came to parking their cars. Everyone pretty much maintained the same spot till once a while when things changed. Friday nights were such days. Today, my spot was free. I parked the car and picked up my handbag. 

I saw my neighbours on the first floor at their balcony. The kids were busy waving at me. I waved them back too. I had met them a couple of times and I liked them already. I climbed up the staircase leading to my apartment. I searched for my keys and unlocked the door. I felt a sense of peace once I got inside.

Walking straight to my bedroom, I decided to take a shower. I quickly undressed and went straight into the shower.  I was enjoy the way the water cascaded my skin and stayed in the shower longer than usual. When I stayed in the shower longer, it was for two reasons.  To enjoy how the water cascaded down my skin or to cry. In the shower when I cried,  the water wiped my tears away automatically.  This evening I did not have time to cry. I was exhausted and needed a long shower just to pamper me . If I did not have a date, I would have soaked myself in the bathtub and read a good book.

I was rudely interupted by the sound of the door bell. Who could it be I wondered. It can't be Claude.  It was not yet time for our date. I don't think it was Aya either. She had called to say she would soon be at my place but when Aya called you in the evenings to say she would soon be at your place, it meant just one thing. If you and her did not have anywhere going, then it was just a formality to let you know she would definitely show up but not as soon as possible.

I quickly dried myself with a towel and looked through my closet to find something to wear.  I picked the first thing that I fixed my gaze on.  A  pink cotton  three quarter shorts and its matching top. I heard the doorbell ring a second time and then a third. Then I rushed out to get the main door.  I peeped through the pidgeon hole and saw someone dressed in grey suit.  The door bell rang a fourth time and I just unlocked it. I had the shock of my life.

I could not believe it or did not want to believe my eyes. I blinked a few times to be sure I was not in a state of dreaming.  He spoke up like he could read my mind. 'Hi Yella, surprised? ' I just stood there frozen. He was dressed in a grey trousers and a white long sleeved shirt. 'May I come in? Why are we still standing here?' Dennis said. I stepped aside to usher him in. Shutting the door  and locking it behind me. I looked at the time, it was past 7pm.

Dennis had found himself a seat and gotten himself comfortable in my sofa. Very usual of him.  'Aren't you offering me anything to drink?' I shook my head. 'This is not a bar, just to reiterate.' I answered him. 'What are you doing here by the way? I've been trying to reach you all day. I got back last night and thought I would surprise you. I see.' Was all I could manage to say. I still kept standing. Watching this slicker of a man in disbelief.  I could not believe Dennis had the guts to come to my house . Don't even know how he found this place because I had changed houses since the last time I saw him.

'What do you want? ' I asked him. He was beginning to irritate me. He stood up from the sofa and at this time, I wondered if I should be getting scared.

'You Ella.....' Dennis pushed me onto the sofa and pressed his lips against mine in a kiss. I clenched my teeth  refusing to open my mouth to kiss him back. With all the effort in the world I pushed him away. Yet he won't get off me. 'Leave me alone! Get off me' I yelled once he stopped kissing me. 'No baby. I missed. ' Jesus. I should never have opened the door. Regret began to fill me. Yella this is no time for regrets. This is the time to fight and get this bloke out of your  house. 







When you finally get the chance to  speak  with your crush  and you mess up but he still stays calm . Silly me! !  


Happy birthday EM xx


For  a friend  who has three girlfriends. Empowering you to stop breaking the hearts of the daughters of men. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice story der. I love ur writings. I can't wait to read the continuation.

    ReplyDelete