Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Wednesday 1 July 2015

Sunshine Dollup XIII

Yella
'Miss Erskine? ' I looked up from my computer to see Valerie. 'Valerie?' Valerie was one of my students at the University where I tutored. 'Come in please' showing her to one of the seats infront of my desk in my glass box office.

Valerie wore a pair of blue skinny jeans wirh a white turtle neck and a deeper shade of blue blazer.
She was one of the few girls in my class who wore their hair quite short and curled. 'Good afternoon Miss Erskine. How are you Valerie?  I'm well thank you. Its quite a surprise to see you here Valerie. Yes Miss Erskine.  I came around town and needed to use the bank. I remembered you worked here and just decided to try my luck.  Wow! I'm so honoured to have you visit. Its so thoughtful of you Valerie.'

Valerie smiled coyly at me revealing a white set of teeth. I was about to phone my next office to find out if  any of the girls there could come over. I needed to get Valerie some snacks.  Just then, I remembered I still had my snack from lunchtime.  Philimon, my colleague had brought it earlier but I had not touched it at all. I offered it to Valerie and she gladly took it. I noticed the pastries were quite cold and went with her to the kitchen to have it microwaved. We both got  back to my office and as she ate, I checked my phone.

I had not checked my phone all day. Lets just say I forgot to do so. I saw missed calls from my sisters.  Aya and  Bambi. Mummy had called me too. I opened my whatsapp messages to see messages from Mummy telling me she was going out of town and would be back on Tuesday. The Unique women at church,  a group mummy belonged to were embarking on a prayer retreat. 'Ella please let Aya stay at your end till I get back.  Kisses' her last text read. 'I'm sorry Mummy,  just saw your texts, I've been busy all day. Okay.  Will be glad to have Aya over.  Have a safe journey.  Kisses. '

Bambi had texted to tell me she was travelling to   Helsinki  with a friend  for a week.   She promised to get in touch as soon as she got settled. I smiled reading her text. I missed talking to Bambi. It had been days since we had a real chat.

Claude had texted me twice. In the morning and at noon. Wow. I texted him back to let him know I was fine. So thoughtful of him but I'm not used to having a guy check on me. I haven't gotten that in a while. Nothing motivates me to check my personal phone often. Claude, he's been doing that all week and sometimes I don't even reply. I would explain later tonight when I see him.

'What are you doing this weekend Valerie? Miss Erskine,  there's this play on campus I would love to go and watch tonight. What time is it? It starts at 8pm. Ok. Tomorrow morning I have a group discussion and then I would spend the rest of my weekend getting ready for midsemester exams. Oh ok. That means you are staying in school this weekend? Yes please.' I liked this girl. She had a beautiful smile.  Honestly I did not know why she had passed by my office but I was glad to have her. I made her wait till 6.40.  Just so I could drop her off at a vantage point where she could pick a taxi back to school.

Usually,  on Friday nights I closed late but today, I hardly got out of my seat just so I would complete my work early enough to  get home and be ready for my date with Claude. I packed up and took my handbag ready to go. Valerie walked beside me  whilst I went to Philimon's office. He was surprised to see me leave early. 'Ella, you are leaving quite early. Yes Philimon,  I'm done for the week. ' I said smiling at him. He smiled back. 'Good for you.  Yeah..thanks for the snack. You are most welcome Ella. I'll see you on monday. Have a nice weekend.  Thanks and you too.' I said,  waving at him.

I waved a few more people on my way to the main exit   with Valerie.  When we got to my car, whilst trying to put my bag down on the floor behind my seat, I felt my phone vibrate. I took the bag back and reached for the phone. Aya was calling. 'Hello little sis. Hello Ella. You okay? Yes I'm good and you? I'm fine, just closed from work. Okay, just calling to let you know I'll be at your end soon.  Okay, see you there . Byee. Byee.

When we got to the interior part of town,  I pulled over so Valerie could get a taxi to school. I reached for my handbag which was on the car floor behind the drivers seat. I was not really sure what the purpose of the visit was but I wanted to give Valerie some money to buy her ticket for the play and for any other thing she might need. I searched for my purse and handed her  a few notes. 'Thank you Miss Erskine. You're welcome love. Text me when you get to school. Will do that.' I hugged her and watched as she opened the passenger door to leave. I waited for her to get a taxi before I moved the car to hit the highway home.















So after several months, Kwabena arrives  in Ghana.Back home in the cargo compartment not like everyone.  What can I say? Still, welcome home although, you lay still. I almost gave up on you. 

  I haven't written anything new this week.  Every free time I get, I spend on Criminal case, God bless whoever came up with it. Just discovered indian novels on wattpad , I'm addicted. Z world; lots of Indian movies......maybe I'll marry an Indian...lol. No time to write but last night..... ... I'm going to share my thoughts with you soon. You can't miss  my next post. ....

No comments:

Post a Comment