Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Tuesday 28 May 2019

'I'M IN LOVE WITH MY FRIEND' FEATURING GUEST WRITER WADADA

We’re colleagues at work
My first impression of her was, oh God! She looks snobbish.
I felt nothing for her.
She was just like any stranger you encounter and forget about as soon as you turn your back.
Little did I know the narrative will change
I’m in love with my friend.


As the clock ticked, a year passed, two passed and
 although I was witness to how other male colleagues salivated and lusted after her flesh whenever she walked by, I still felt indifferent as if my heart was built with a stone
But now, I’m in love with my friend.


I sometimes wondered what other men saw in her that I wasn’t seeing
Why are they all over her like a swarm of bees sucking on the nectar of a flower?
They must be really horny or a bunch of worldly homo-sapiens without any regard 
for God’s word - a principle I lived by.
Little did I know, I’m in love with my friend.


Friendship with her was an accident
Our first real encounter was at lunch break
We sat together on the same table facing each other, like what couples do on a real date
With no one at the eatery but the two of us, we spoke
I never noticed she had beautiful brown eyes until then
Her smile was the ultimate friend-maker, how could I resist it?
I found myself smiling when she giggled at my not so funny jokes – so I thought.


Though lunch lasted for just 30 minutes, it was the tastiest meal 
I had ever eaten in my life, sorry mum. 
Suddenly, boom! We’re friends.


Tick Tock Tick Tock!
 Now I see what the others see in her
I all of a sudden steal glances at her when she walks by
Oh God! I’m in love with my friend.


My heart skips a beat at her sight
How do I tell her I purposely make a fake phone call just to see her on the compound?
How do I tell her, I calculatedly go for lunch so I can steal more glances at her eating?
How do I tell her I purposely close from work just to watch her go home?
How do I tell her I can’t wait till morning to see her again?
How do I tell my friend I’m in love with her?


I know others are competing for her attention and the longer I wait, the lower my chances.
But how do I tell my friend, a mother of two, with a devoted husband, I’m in love with her?



By: Wadada
Inspired by: Puppishgirl’s THE DREAM PUSHERS, 'LEON'

Photo Source: Pinterest



So after I wrote 'The Dream Pushers, Leon' as part of the 'Scorned Woman Diaries', I got to read this and thought I would share. 
It's nice to know that while I write the 'Scorned Woman Diaries' the guys are getting interested
and sending their opinions as well as stories. If you haven't read it yet, it's time to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment