Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Friday 17 May 2019

HEARTBREAK RENTED A ROOM IN MY HOUSE

I walked shoulder high like nothing could tear me up
Not all the things people cried about
I stopped brooding over fiddling details
I stopped myself from crying when YD left and not a single tear have I cried for love after that time.
I heard I was cold as ice

But sweet
Cold as ice only showed up when I remained calm when circumstances required me to melt.
Yesterday 'heartbreak' visited my house
and forcefully  acquired a room after shock slapped me in the face.
Sleep has been my best companion for hours
Food has not tasted well in my mouth 

I've faked laughter and smiles just to make conversation
But deep within....
Hmmmmmmm
I hurt
My heart aches for the disappointment of yesterday
Heartbreak came to rent a room in my house....

I didn't ask the watch and owner of my house questions:  'why would you let this happen to me?'
Instead I chose to take it as one of the lessons I had to learn
How we make plans for tomorrow yet God decides which ones will hold.
Whether it is God letting me go through the mill or it's some other thing..\

Not the kind of tears you cry for a man..
The tears you cry when you are late to the wedding and your groom gets the chance to change his mind.
Not a tear for him but for the loss of what was yours and the many days lost in one hour.
I told myself, if only I could cry a bucket full it would numb this pain...
All I know is heartbreak rented a room in my house and packed it with delay, tears, shock and sadness.

Photo Source: Pinterest

9 comments:

  1. May the Lord himself heal your heart. You may be down but not out. Fight on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read in silence. May the heart find healing... Speed to capture the lost years!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time heals all wounds my dear, be strong. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I wrote that? How this made people think it was a heartbreak from a man. No! It was one of the heartbreaking moments from LS.

    ReplyDelete