Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Tuesday 30 June 2015

Sunshine Dollup XI

I turned off the lights in the library to go to my room whilst still on the phone with Claude. 'What are you doing now?' He asked. I was setting my mid semester exam questions.  I just turned off the lights in the library to go to my room.' Ok. Are you done?  Yes I am. How many questions were they if I may ask. Three in all. You answer two. Oh I see. That was fast.'

'I know right.' Claude giggled.  I went to lie on the bed turning on my Tv to watch Al Jazeera. When are you leaving town? I asked Claude.  'Saturday. Ok. I'll be back in ten days.  Yes you mentioned that earlier.' I reminded him. 'What do you do on Friday nights?'  He asked. I paused for a moment before answering. 'Usually, I hang out with my friends, it depends though.  On what? I giggled. 'If they are available.  Ok. Are they always available?  Errrrmmmm, no. Are they going to be available this Friday?  I can't tell.' I said.

'Even if they are going to be available, can we have a drink together please?' Claude asked. Errmmmm. I thought about my answer carefully.  If the girls don't show up, I would go with Claude.  Well even if they do, I could still go with Claude,  I thought.  'Please say yes. Pleaseeeeee.' I smiled and said 'Yes. Thanks. You're welcome.  Can't wait till Friday night then. ' I laughed at his statement. Claude and I stayed a little longer on the phone before saying goodnight.

I drifted off to sleep by the time our conversation ended.  We had stayed on the phone for fifty minutes. This guy sounds cool.  By now I was really sleepy. These days,  I could barely stay up beyond 10 pm. I was surprised I had made it till such an hour. I did not have time to brood over singlehood or spinsterhood tonight. I drifted off to sleep.












No comments:

Post a Comment