Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Monday 29 June 2015

Sunshine Dollup X

I checked my image for the final time in the guestroom mirror and rushed to get the door.  Oh my God, the guy looked so fine. 'Hi  Hi,I managed to say finally. Then he pulled me into a quick hug. Errrrmmmm what was that for. He smelled so good.  Oh wow, I loved that smell. I stood there looking silly I'm sure, before finally asking him inside. 'Would you come inside please. ' He just stepped inside and then I shut and locked the door gently behind him.

I led him to the sofa and asked him to feel at home. 'Can I offer you anything? ' 'Water please. ' I walked to the kitchen to get him a  bottle of water and  whilst he sipped on it, I rushed to get my purse. 'You look pretty' he said. Thanks. 'You look good too.' Thank you Ella. Ready?' Claude asked. I nodded.  As he stood up onto his feet. I picked the tray with the empty bottle of water and headed for the kitchen before returning to go with him.

He watched as I locked the door to my apartment and we both descended the stairs together.  Claude opened the passenger door for me to get seated, shut it and went to sit beside me in the drivers seat. 

We talked basically about my day on our way to Tangerine.  Claude waited to be aided by the security man who led him to his parking spot. 'Let me get the door please,' he said to me once  he parked the car. I waited as he walk to my side to hold out the door for me.

Inside tangerine, he pulled a seat for me to get seated before him. He gazed at my face and gave me a smile.  Dinner was great. I enjoyed every bit of my meal. I don't know who told Claude I was interested in knowing him because he kept telling me about himself. 'I had two brothers but lost one a few years ago.' 'I'm sorry to hear that. What happened to him?' 'He got drowned at the beach.' Oh. At this point I was stunned and lost for words.

I think Claude felt my uneasiness and quickly tried to dismiss my fears. He was two years older than I was and I have a younger brother. ' I nodded.  I grew up in Kenya but moved to Ghana after my brother passed away.' How old were you? I asked. 'Thirteen. ' Okay. Since then I've lived in Ghana.' He smiled. I smiled back. 

I watched him as he spoke.  Pink lips, white teeth.  Neatly trimmed side burns, formed into a beard and a moustache. He kept smiling whilst he talked. 'I'm going out of town for a conference.' 'Where are you going? ' 'India.' I nodded.  I'll leave on Saturday and will be back in Ten days. Ok..

I wondered why he bothered telling me all this. I just listened. He didn't bore me but I really did not get his reason for telling me all that. Claude promised not to keep me out for too long. He got me home at exactly ten. He walked me to my apartment when we got to my place and waited for me to get inside. 'It was nice hanging out with you Ella. Same here.' He pulled me into a hug before saying good night. 'Let me know when you get home please. I will.'

I sat behind my computer to set my mid semester exam questions.  I could only come up with three questions  and decided to ask students to answer two out of three questions.  Surprisingly,  I did that in thirty minutes.  My phone began to vibrate. When I checked who was calling,  it was Claude.  'Hello. Hello Ella. You okay?  Yes I'm fine. Are you home? I am. Thanks for having dinner with me. Thanks too.'











A lot has happened these few days.
Someone I adore broke my heart; she got called to glory.

In other news, it was a happy reunion  last Saturday when  my childhood friend; got a change of name. Dziedzorm walked down the aisle. For  Dziedzorm and Edem; grow old together....God bless your union. 

2 comments:

  1. lovely....happy marriage to the newest bride and groom in town.

    Auntie broke my heart too.....oh death.hmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jesus is still at the center of it all Mancee.

      Delete