Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Thursday 11 June 2015

Sunshine Dollup VIII

Claude
The ride to down West took quite a while. There was a heavy downpour. Surprisingly, we did not see that coming until we were about to leave the beach.

I had to take the doll to her house. When we arrived at the side of town where she lived, the rains were quite heavy.
It poured down with all intensity. Guiding me to her house, I began to wonder how the doll would make it through the rain to her apartment once we arrived at the Villagio de apartmento. It was a collection of high rise buildings on one  gated compound. When the gate opened I noticed there weren't so many buildings after all.

She showed me to her flat and then I noticed there was no way she would not get drenched: she still would have to walk to get the stairs. I gazed at her and she had on this straight face. I smiled at her and then she smiled back. 'Thanks for bringing me home.' I nodded.  'My pleasure. ' She did not make an attempt to get out of the car. Oh well, I was not expecting her to.

Just then I remembered,  there should be an umbrella in the car. Where did I put it, I began to wonder.  I had to check the trunk. That meant stepping into the rain. I contemplated for a while. The doll looked so out of place sitting and watching the rain. 'I'm not sure where I kept the umbrella.' I told her. 'Ok.' When she took out her phone to do something on it, I opened the door and stepped out to find the umbrella. It was right there in the trunk.

I walked to the passenger door and opened it to help the doll out. I guess she had been watching me. She had her beach bag in hand and was ready to step out when I opened the door. My attention was drawn to her hair. I would not want her hair to get wet, she had work tomorrow.  I would not want her getting drenched either. I would just want her to get to her apartment safely.

Even in the rain, the doll had style. We walked to the stairs. She had a smile on her face when I turned to look into her face.  We climbed the stairs to the first floor. By this time I thought I would say goodbye and leave. I did not want her to think I was taking advantage of the situation.  I was partly wet and needed to get home.

When we got to the door of her apartment, she told me that was her place.  'Ok. I'm glad you are safe. Can you take my number please? ' She reached inside her bag and handed me her phone.  I dialled my number and waited for it to connect before saving  and handed the phone back to her. 'We'll talk when I get home.' 'Sure. Thanks a million. ' 'Oh, you're most welcome Ella. Bye.' 'Byeeeee.'

I got back to the car and it was still raining.  I made my way to the other side of town where I lived.

Yella
The first thing I did when I arrived home was to take a shower.  Not a hot one though. I sat at the dining table to have a bottle of water. I sipped on it slowly. I had still not heard from Aya. I got up to go get my beach bag. I found my phone in it. Bambi had called twice and Aya too. I dialled her number back. ' Hello' Aya answered.  'Are you okay?' I asked. 'Yes I am and you?' 'I'm home already. Where are you? ' Park center.' 'Please go home but bring the car by six tomorrow morning. ' ' Thank you big sis, you're the best.' I laughed and said: 'let me know when you get home.' 'Ok, byeee. Bye Aya'.

I didn't call  Bambi back. I sent her a text expecting a reply so I would call her but I guess she had gone to sleep. I turned off all the lights and went to my room. I turned on the Tv to watch Aljazeera whilst texting on my phone.

As always, the house was quiet except the sound of the Tv. I remembered I had to check  my clothes.  I went to the guest room and opened the closet. All blazers, trousers, tops and skirts were hanging in there.  Neatly ironed. I just wanted to be sure.

I went back to lie on my bed. Looking around the room. I had had such a lovely day first at church, with family and friends.  Here I was, back to boredom land. I wish I had someone to cuddle with or just a male presence. Not just someone.

Life was getting depressing for me. How did I end up such a loner. Oh Gawd.  Soon I would begin to wrinkle I'm sure. I laughed out loud at the thought of wrinkling. Well, ageing was inevitable in everyone's life.

I must have drifted off to sleep whilst wallowing in self pity because I was awakened by the alarm clock. 5:20. Time to go through another day. I always felt a sense of gratitude in the mornings.  I did not have all I wanted or needed but I was  better than people who slept and did not wake up ever again.














When I tell people I'm going to sleep and I end up ......

Photo: Lily Fields

3 comments:

  1. Good work!
    Av been following through till, I don't know whether to call it episode 8 or what.. but very interesting...

    More grease to ur elbows...

    ReplyDelete