Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Sunday 26 April 2015

Sunshine Dollup: Diary Of A Single Sister III

Saturday Night. ....
Sunshine Dollup,

I lost track of time, consumed with sorrow and self pity. When I remembered I had a date with Audrey, I glanced at the kitchen clock and realised it was 7:20 pm. I quickly grabbed some tissue to wipe my face and then threw the rest of my food into the bin before doing the dishes. I had not been able to finish my meal. These days I barely ate. It was such a miracle that I was still a size ten.

Quickly I rushed to get my cell phone. I wasn't surprised to see four missed calls from Audrey and two messages: sms and whatsapp. 'Ella, please let me know if you aren't gonna make it.' I texted her back: 'I'm sorry Drey, will be there in fifteen minutes.' I searched through my wardrobe for something to wear. I decided on a cream three quarter sleeve short dress, which barely went beyond my upper thighs and a brown pair of leggings. I decided to hold up my hair  in a ponytail with a dotted green band and settled on a pair of green open toe shoes with a brown sling bag. I did not wear make up, I didn't want to, because I had just gotten a facial a few hours ago. I just applied eyeshadow and apple red lipstick.  Applying a little plain gloss over it to give it some shine.

When I checked my appearance in the mirror, Sunshine Dollup, your girl was looking good as always. I was naturally pretty: my mum at fifty eight looked  pretty and super fabulous for her age. Guess thats where I got my looks from. Most of the time, I was mistaken for someone in her mid twenties. My four sisters were even more beautiful.  The only thing was, I was the shortest in my family beside my mum. I stood at 5'5. I used to be a size fourteen and then gradually I worked my way to a size twelve. Lately, I could fit into a size ten even without working out. Well I hardly ate, what do you expect. These not withstanding, I was still endowed in  the ass, boobs and hips department with big thighs and legs. I dubbed on my favourite J'lo fragrance. Checked out my appearance again in the mirror and walked out of the bedroom. 

I only remembered I had forgotten my car keys when I got to the front door. I went back to get them. I got to Chillies in exactly fifteen minutes. Found a place to park my car and walked to find Audrey. I couldn't spot her anywhere outside.  I decided to call her phone but there was no response.  I chose a table to sit at and a waiter walked up to greet me. 'A small bottle of water please.'  I said to him. He came back with the water in a minute or so. 'Would you like anything else, madam.' I thought about it for a second.  Chillies had some really nice pizza. I settled for that whilst going through the menu. Well I didn't have to go through, I already knew what I wanted. 'Chillies special pizza, take out please. ' With that, the waiter had gone to get my order. I liked that pizza because of the mushroom.

I looked around for a while. Trying to see if I would see Audrey. There was no sign of her though. I took out my phone again and called her the  second time. She still did not answer. I sent her a text. 'I'm here now.' Didn't think I would have to be the one to go wait for Audrey.  She sounded like she was at Chillies hours ago when she texted me. Well,  I was here now and just had to wait for her. I took the time to enjoy the cool breeze as I sat outside not inside.
I watched people giggle and laugh. I was so used to hanging out alone, it didn't feel awkward anymore.

The pizza arrived after a few minutes and Audrey was still nowhere to be found. Though I wanted to wait for her to come and lets do justice to it, the smell of it, won't let me. So I decided to start eating without her. I ordered a carton of mango juice to go with it. When I checked my phone again,  Audrey had sent a text saying she would be there soon.

She did show up but with two tall guys I guess. They sat down at my table with Audrey hugging me from behind though I was seated. After exchanging pleasantries,  Audrey introduced the guys to me. One was her boyfriend and the other her boyfriend's friend. She also apologised for being late.

Sunshine Dollup,  the other one, did not even wait to get invited to share my pizza. He just helped himself.  The guy has guts, I thought.  Eating my pizza without asking. Which guy does that. He talked less and was quiet most of the time except when Audrey asked him something. I found him interesting. We ordered some more pizza. He was fair and tall. He looked like he had been gyming. Well, not my type of man. I never got attracted to fair guys. It was my first time meeting Audrey's boyfriend.  I must admit he was cute. I watched them talk. I enjoyed spending time with them except the weird guy talked less. I learned later that he was tipsy. I'm not sure on what. Tequila or beer,  funny.  No wonder he ate my pizza without being invited.

The night ended with Audrey and her entourage going home in the funny  guy's car. When I got home, it was half past midnight.
I took my bedtime shower and turned on the Tv.
I watched CNN for a while till I got a text from Audrey. I shook my head. She was asking us to hang out on Sunday afternoon at the beach. 'Will see' was my reply to her.

I turned off the Tv and drifted off to sleep.  







Like I mentioned when I posted the first part of Sunshine Dollup: Diary Of A Single Sister, this is just a novel taster. Will post one or two more. If you like it and want to find out how the story ends, then you know what to do....

4 comments:

  1. Pls continue..... Am enjoying myself....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why jlo fragrance tho ?..it cld hav Ben colour me,Carey,s body splash. some people are really happy in their status, tho we see them to be lonely but rely it's rely their choices.. well without not withstanding, most are faking happiness whn actually dem be real sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think I'm enjoying myself. ...

    ReplyDelete