Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Monday 27 April 2015

Sunshine Dollup : Diary Of A Single Sister V

Mummy's House

Sunshine Dollup
11.40 am

When we all arrived at my Mum's place and got settled, Mummy didn't even bother to change her church clothes. She went on straight to the kitchen to fix our meal. Aya helped her and soon we were all sitting at the table and eating. The rice balls and peanut butter soup tasted delicious. I loved the fact that, Mummy had used both fish and meat for it. I enjoyed it so much and so did Keziah's children.

'I'm packing some soup for you Yella and Keziah.' I nodded in agreement.  'Thanks Mummy.' But I saw Keziah's basket being packed with more bowls meaning Mummy had cooked for her as always.  Mummy always cooked for Keziah to take home for the week, her own way of making motherhood less stressful for her. Most of the time,  she imposed it on me too, but I declined with the excuse that I hardly ate them because I got home late. They only went waste after keeping them in the freezer forever. These days, I would rather not take them but Mummy was beginning to complain that I was losing weight and that, she didn't want me getting to a size zero. 'Your husband must meet you with all these assets showing not after you've lost it.' So I could not refuse this soup.

After dessert, we all sat down to talk. Aya and  keziah's boys went to nap whilst the youngest of them all clinged on to Mummy. Sitting on her laps and singing most of the time. I had left my purse in the car so went to get it so I could check my phone.  Audrey had called twice. I checked my messages.  Gladys was thanking me for attending her baby's naming ceremony and was hoping to see me at the real christening. At this point, she got me confused.  I actually thought they were the same. Well........Audrey had sent a text too. Telling me the name of the beach and hoping to see me soon. I needed a lie down and was planning to do so before going to my place.

I went back to sit with the others inside the house. Aya left us and came back after a while dressed in an all brown and black jumpsuit with yellow kitten heels to go out. 'Big sis, can I borrow your car Please? ' She asked touching my shoulder.  'Little sister, I have to go somewhere. 'I replied.  'Oh. Where's that? Can I drop you off?' Aya was bent on borrowing my car. I could not refuse her. Not when I could lend it to her. 'Okay. Then you would have to drop me off and pick me up. Is that fine by you?' 'Anything for you big sis.' I still sat down for a while but Aya kept pacing up and down. I figured she really wanted to go. I checked my phone again to read my messages.  I saw one from Aya and glanced at her suspiciously and then went on ahead to read it. 'Ella, can we go now pleaseeeee?' 'Mummy, K..., I have to go now.' I walked over to Mummy to hug my niece and then Mummy.  When I got to Keziah,  she stood up. 'Let me walk you to your car.' She said. 'Yella, be safe.' My mum said. 'Thank you Mummy, we'll talk soon.' I heard my Mum scream when we got to the front door. 'Aya.' 'Yes Mummy.' Aya screamed back but didn't turn to go back in. 'Please come back early' Mum said to her.  'I will Mummy.'

' Aya will come at ten I'm sure.' We all burst out into laughter. 'No k, I'll be back by seven.' 'Hmm...I'll get to my house and call Mummy and she will tell me you're not back and she can't reach you either.' Aya smirked. Keziah hugged Aya and then hugged me goodbye too before Aya drove off.

'Where are you going Aya?' 'To see a friend. ' I nooded. 'Where are you going? ' She asked me. 'To the beach. I need to change first, so we'll pass by the house so I can quickly change. ' ' Sure sis.'  Aya turned on the radio and she  kept singing along to every song  all through to my house.

She followed me inside when we arrived at my place.  She went through my perfumes whilst I searched through my wardrobe to find something to wear. I settled on a black jeans shorts and a dotted yellow tank top. My shorts were a little below my lower thigh but above the knee. I looked for a sarong and decided to wear the sarong over it with its spaghetti strapped top. So I quickly removed the yellow tank top and wore the sea blue and white spaghetti strap top instead with a mixure of sea blue, white and yellow saron tied around my waist. I removed the black jeans shorts and wore a plain sea blue shorts instead.

I went to the guest room to my other shoe rack to find a pair of flat sandals to wear and picked a white  one.  Then I tried to pack two white towels into my beach bag and reached for one of my sun shades. I touched up on my makeup especially my eyeliner and lipstick. I finally sprayed on some fragrance and checked my image in the mirror.  Aya entered again holding something in her hand like a small paper bag. I didn't pay attention to it.

Very usual of Aya to come to my house and pick something she thinks, she can use. Most often, one of my perfumes, bags  or jewellery.  I would never notice it till, I needed to use them and could not find them. Or till she got home and called to say she had taken something of mine. These days if I couldn't find something in my house, Aya was the right person to ask and she would show me where she kept it or saw it. These not withstanding,  my little sister was adorable and I loved her to bits. I liked it when she took my stuff.  It only endorsed me as a fashionista because Aya loved looking trendy.

Infact all my sisters did except Dafflyne who was not so particular about what was trendy and what was not. She just loved to look good but would never have time to check out new trends. Till date, if she wanted to get a new wardrobe, Bambi was her consultant. Aya on the other hand loved to look trendy.

'You look pretty as always,  sis.' 'Thank you Aya.'Learning from you.' That made Aya laugh so hard. 'Me?' She questioned. 'Who' s older? I learned from you Ella, and I learned well.' This time, I smiled. My sister always reminded me that, she learned her Fashionista skills from me. I found that statement funny though.


At the Beach
Yella

Aya dropped me off at the Golden beach. She promised to pick me up when I was ready to go home and drove off. I called Audrey and she told me where I could find her. I had taken off my sarong and was readjusting it, to tie it when  Audrey run to me. She hugged me. 'You look good Ella.' 'Thanks Drey, you too. As always. ' She smiled.'Thank you. ' Audrey was wearing a pair of jeans skirt, with a show your tummy short sleeve white top. The wind was blowing her hair and her pink lipstick looked good on her. 'Lets go meet the guys' she said pulling me by the hand. 'Guys?' I asked astonished.  'Yes Yella.' Before I could utter a word,  we were standing infront of Audrey's boyfriend and the weird guy from last night.

'The queen is finally here' said Audrey guiding me to a seat. She sat in the one beside me. I looked at Audrey's boyfriend and he still looked cute. Well the guy is cute, I reminded myself. 'Hi Ella' I looked in the direction of the voice at the weird guy sitting across the table from Audrey. He smiled at me showing a clean white sparkling set of teeth. This guy again, I thought and then he offered me his hand in a hand shake.  'Claude' I think he felt the need to remind me of his name or so.......

Claude
The weather was lovely though the sun was up and a bit hot. Just lovely enough for the beach.
Audrey had been bothering me since last night on our way home to go to the beach with Jeremy and her. She mentioned to me that, the beautiful girl from last night was going to be there too. Well, last night I had been tipsy and could not talk to her. I remember a beautiful face though.  Beautiful and quite young. I'm sure she's twenty five and I don't want to get close to such girls anymore. I had had enough of them.
















Intellectual properties are bragging rights so I would rather do this than get into trouble : Photo source:Yachal House.

1 comment: