Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Friday 24 April 2015

Sunshine Dollup: Diary Of A Single Sister

Friday Night...
Dear Sunshine Dollup,

Just got home from a long day.
Its been stressful but fruitful.
I really made my clients happy today and my outfit as always would be proud of me.

I skipped breakfast as I had lots of stuff to read before work.
I did not have time to eat lunch either but after I closed tonight, I went to Lollies to eat dinner.

How I wished I had someone to eat dinner with.
My girls called me for our usual Friday night out but this time,  Senoa was going to come only to wait for her husband who was going to be closing late. Fafa said her baby wanted to hang out tonight with the boys and she wanted to go too.

I simply had to call off our Night out. It was obvious.  They were all going to abandon me to go be with their hubbys. Sometimes, I get the feeling that, they only showed up in order not to disappoint me or perhaps out of empathy. Well, yes. Single of the three girls I've known since I was eighteen. I love those girls though.

Well I can't blame them. At thirty five, I could not be dependent on my girlfriends to meet my emotional needs.
So I ate dinner alone whilst peering at people. Of course I admired the ones who came with their beloved. I just wish I had a boyfriend to even eat dinner with.

I got home to an empy and quiet house as usual.  'Welcome Maam', that boring house boy greeted as always. My dogs were happy to see me but tonight,  I needed more than just dogs.

As I lay in bed reflecting on the activities of the day, my big bed feels lonely. I've turned of my lights and television so I can at least think for a while, except my bedside lamp to help me update you: Sunshine Dollup.

Sunshine Dollup, I'm lonely. This loneliness is killing your girl. Didn't think I would be laying in bed alone at an age when my mates are busily trying to be called Mummy.

I would love a cuddle right now. Even a foot rub and just to lay in the arms of a masculine figure.

Well no. Poor me. I'm all alone.  Just me, my bed, these teddy bears: still can't tell why I keep them and  you: Sunshine Dollup who does nothing but to listen all day and all night without judging me. Why can't you cuddle me?
Why can't you?

The night is quiet. My house feels like a tomb. My life though I've achieved much, is boring. Oh how long would I have to wish and dream. How long until I  wrinkle and hit menopause. Its scary. I have teary eyes having to bare my soul to you tonight Sunshine Dollup.
I'll just lay in bed and cry myself to sleep. ............














Novel taster, I call it. Stick with me as the story unfolds.
This is for  beautiful Millie and for every single sister who can relate to this situation.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting musing....you never realize it when you are younger...then age sets in. Waiting for its sequel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks D Wangira. Sure, will share the sequel soon.

      Delete