Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Monday 8 December 2014

I'm grateful...


For some weird reason, last week was a tough one for me. I had challenges with everything that had to do with me:health, academics, business, readerfeast and the list goes on. At a point in time it felt like my God had deserted me. Yes, God was silent on me, watching me juggle though I had been involving him. The more I prayed the more my challenges increased. I looked pale and lean, my mothers worried so much. I felt weak yet I kept going. I couldn't read much, I couldn't talk much:I just listened. On the outside I looked tough as always with my new look:natural woman. Sitting infront of some adults and trying to convince them to release their children to me seemed a tough job as they bombarded me with questions.  Even sponsors didn't ask for that much. People I had been relying on to do stuff for me just did not seem interested.  I could not do my hair.  If you are my friend then you know what I've been through with my head and hair lately and why I decided to go back to the shs look: I find it hilarious that even with this look I still....I'm grateful. ..
I began to wonder what was happening.
I cried once, yes I did because everything seemed bleak. I lost my joy:I let my challenges steal my joy.
I thank the people who constantly tell me I can't make it. I'm grateful for the people who threw me a challenge ;'I'll give you a standing ovation if you are able to achieve this'. I faced the same challenge a little over a year ago when I was starting up my business. Yet I defied the unnecessary advice from people and went on to pursue my dream.
I thank the people who let me down in one way or the other. I'm grateful for the people who pulled out of our agreement at the eleventh hour and the people who held my hand yet left me in the middle of the road to walk alone.
Last week was probably the toughest. I'm grateful that today  my God proved to me how he's been watching silently.  He showed up for me: he always does when I'm in that state of despondency.  I'm still in the running when it comes to all the things I've been juggling.
I'm grateful. ..
Tough week means all will be well soon...Whilst still working at it, I hope that the scoffers and the skeptics can be proved wrong in the end.
I'm grateful for family:they seem to see the end when no one else does.
I'm grateful for 'good friends:quality friendships' we all need 'good friends' who truly understand the meaning of 'friendship' they stand by you till it's over.
I'm grateful for the people who pray for and with me: the person when I tell it's been a tough day and I'm in pain would just say:'can I say a prayer for you.' The other day, a woman at church said to me:'three nights ago when we gathered, they said to pray for you and there you are today. ' I found that mind meltingly sweet. God continue to bless all these people.
My apologies to the people who call and text yet I do not reply. My apologies to the people who thought I was being a tough cookie just because I seemed overly busy. Hope you understand I was wearing a mask: tough days.
I'm grateful to God for restoring my joy.
I'm grateful. ...



No comments:

Post a Comment