Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Sunday 21 December 2014

Cuties Read a Book Fete

All is set for the maiden edition of the Cuties Readerfeast. The first,being called: Cuties Read a Book Christmas Fete. Nine days more to go and I will be seeking to incalcate the habit of reading and speaking English in some rural children aged 6-12 in the Awudome kwanta community near Ho.

It will be a two hour reading clinic followed by a food and drink party . Not every parent would be able to afford a nice christmas meal hence, I'm seeking to kill two birds with one stone. Every child gets to go home with a book and a souvenir to keep up with the reading habit till the next reading clinic.

I would like to say thank you to everyone who has been actively involved in this social enterprise.  Thank you to my sponsors both corporates and individuals.

Thank you to the Member of Parliament for Ho west: Honourable Kwesi Bedzra for believing in my dreams.
Thank you to Epp books. Thank you to my media partners especially volta star radio.

Thank you to friends abroad who saw the Cuties Read a Book Christmas Fete page on facebook  and my whatsapp display pictures and  decided to donate towards the project. You may call it a few pounds or dollars but I appreciate your support.

Thank you to the heads of the various schools involved in this project and the chiefs and elders of my chosen community. Thank you to my volunteers for getting involved even without incentives.

I'm looking forward to seeing my children on tuesday. I'm looking forward to taking them through this life changing experience and hope I will be able to leave them with beautiful memories.

This week, I'm sensitising people about building reading culture in some rural children. Please watch out for the media interviews.

I cannot do this alone. I'm hosting a hundred children. If you already pledged a donation, please send them now. Will acknowledge all sponsors both individual and corporate soon.  Still awaiting  your donations.  Call  to support me with cash, food, drinks,water, books etc.
Thanks.





This post has been inspired by my little brother: Elorm. You pushed me to begin this enterprise, I celebrate you now and always. ...x

6 comments:

  1. Thanks to Epp books...mad love to Aunty Emma and her team. Thus far has the Lord brought us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you to Everfresh mineral water and our individual donors for the day: Martin and Enoch: God bless you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thks to me tooo..for my innermost thoughts, love and concerns. for ma advice. for ma criticism too,complaints etc.God bless me and you,puppish gal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lintema Mortson, silly you! But thanks for your criticisms, seriously hope I proved you wrong. My official caterer. Amennn.

      Delete
  4. Thanks to Valleyfresh mineral water not everfresh.

    ReplyDelete