Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Sunday 21 December 2014

To block or not to block

Why do people block others on social media platforms? I'm still trying to figure out how you would block someone you call a friend out of anger or over a misunderstanding.

In the past I've blocked people for a few hours and I must confess I blocked people for good because they abused me verbally and the only way to get away from them was to block them. In that instance I was sure I was through with them and would never have any ties with them no matter what.

So I want to get into the minds of the people who  still block others and unblock them later. Recently,  someone I thought was a friend blocked me when I tested his pulse. He blocked and unblocked me later and after attempting to renew my friendship with him, he blocked me for good.  He later sent me an apology yet kept on  with the blocking business. I'm wondering if that person would ever be my friend again. Ask me:I really do not care, life goes on for me.

I honestly think if you block your ex, you are still a baby and have lots of growing up to do.
Blocking people does not solve problems.  I would rather not block you because I want you to see how cool I am if you choose to block me till christ returns.  I want you to still see that the sun shines in my world though you opted out and I want you to see how beautiful and happy I still am after you blocked me. Perhaps still see me with my new boyfriend and learn that I'm not that bad afterall. 'One man's spit is another man's weed'.

If you are blocking anyone be sure it's for life else grow up and know that, human beings would disagree no matter what. You don't have to block people to launch your new boyfriend, are you scared of them? 
You don't need to block people to have a life.
Afterall, you can always get a life on twitter, instagram and facebook. You don't need to block people because they hurt you. You don't  need to block people.  They aren't traffic lights to still wait. They probably stopped following you ages ago.

Honestly, if anyone decides to block me, feel free. You are the one who isn't cool with me. I made my peace with God and that's all that matters. I think blocking is a sign of weakness. It's infantile and it says I'm hurt and not cool with what happened.  
Block all you can, as many people as you wish but ask yourself, is it worth it??
To block or not to block?

1 comment: