Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Sunday 8 February 2015

When you lay still

'Its my fragrance  oil
Its my costly perfume
I'll take my alabaster box
in my hand I'll break it open...

Let the fragrance arise,
la la la la
La la la la......'

My song of Thanksgiving; 'alabaster box'  by Julie Meyer.

Last saturday, one of my favourite Auntys who crossed her finish line, was laid to rest. Again, I learned a few lessons. I  have come to realize that it is not how you begin the race but how you finish it that matters. The man of God delivering the sermon at the farewell service reiterated that.

I have noticed how people begin well yet drift away from their purpose and goals in life. I have personally drifted away several times. I thank God for the 'another chance' that he always presents me with. Yet I'm beginning to realise that the 'another chance ' thing might not always come your way. Sometimes, you will never have another chance.  I was friends with someone for seven years. Each time I forgave him, he sought other means to punish me for giving him another chance.  Finally, I chose to leave him behind. No more chances. I stopped picking his calls and made sure I did not grant him access to seeing my face ever again. I have done this for a year and still counting.

I have absolutely nothing against him. I made my peace with God. I just had to leave him behind.I'm wondering, what if we never got 'another chance ' at anything again?
Too many people have stopped paying attention to God's word.  Many people have made their achievements take over as 'god' over their lives. Some women have made their husbands their 'god'.Others have made their children their 'god' forgetting that there's  a 'God' somewhere.

How do people know that, killing someone isn't right and yet choose to kill another human being. How do people still cheat on their husbands when they know it isn't right. How do people choose to be unforgiving when they know it is wrong. How do people steal from others instead of working for their own. Is it because they  choose to harden their hearts?

What if you never have  another chance to correct your mistakes, would that be the end. What if God never gave you another chance. God will only not give you another chance when you die. So I think whilst we are still here, we should strive to make the most out of every opportunity that comes our way. Always try again, no matter what it is you find yourself doing: education, marriage, career, your walk with christ.

I've heard a song that says that the owner of this earth will be returning soon. I don't know about you but I believe in Jesus and thus I know that after my life here on earth I will be judged by my works. You grew up in a family of pastors. You proudly hit your chest and say my father is Rev......and that. Let me ask you, are you living life like someone from a Christian home? You grew up in church yet as an adult, the things of God no longer appeal to you. Someone who looks up to you has now drifted away too because even those who grew up in church have left. You know that kindness is the least thing you can do to make someone smile yet, you use your office to cause people pain and make life difficult for them. You take delight in being cruel to other people, where is your cruelty taking you? Ask yourself. You know how wrong it is to be the side chick to that man:yes the man who bought you that house. Instead of working to acquire your own, you choose the easy way out. Side chick to another woman's man. You are an elder at church and know how wrong it is to cheat on your wife yet you choose to take advantage of small girls because you think you have what it takes to lure them. So you spend your money on them to entice them to satiate your sexual desires. Forgetting you also have daughters growing up. You are a young man working and earning some money. Yet you feel life is slow for you. You decide to engage in fraud. Keep on. You have lived your whole life based on unforgiveness. Holding and counting sins against people, when you know that it is wrong. Keep on being a mini goddess to people and never learn to forgive or let go because of another human being. You call yourself a man of God yet all you do is cause confusion amongst the children of God. Preaching what is not right to people and deceiving others, keep it up.

One day, the owner of this life will take his breath away from you. When you lay still finally and cannot get 'another chance ' it is my prayer that you will have no regrets at all.
Whatever it is you are called to do, make sure you are doing it well. If you choose to be unforgiving, do it properly.  If you choose to defraud people, step up your game. Side chick, acquire more wealth. Fake man of God, deceive more people, cruel man: show more cruelty. Whatever it is you are doing:do it properly.
You will be judged soon.

Don't forget that, one day, you too will lay still and all the chances you had will be gone like the wind blows away chaff. God strengthen us and teach us to number our days.

Though I decided not to cry, I eventually did when the hearse had to take my sweet Aunty away forever. The tears that I had been holding up streaked down my cheeks and no amount of reminding myself about those who die in the Lord could stop me. My cousin made it worst knowing that would be the last time she would see her mum in this life.
Yet I'm confident that my Aunty deserted her earthly role to be with the Lord. I'm confident that she is resting with her maker. Scarred but with time they will heal.

Still praising my saviour.
He is still Lord and we won't change our God.



Praying the Lord comforts my cousins; Sakyi, Adjoa,Eric.

1 comment:

  1. We all will lay still when there is no more "a second chance" to regret or resolve, to forgive or to make amends...

    U couldn't say it any better.. u were just on track and straight at it...

    big ups...

    ReplyDelete