Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Thursday 19 February 2015

My Stupidity! !

I wasn't planning to post anything today because I'm under the weather and trying to get well but some dude just made me want to post this.

So my brother's driver drops me off at the pharmacy because I need to get some medication for my flu. I walk in there, just when I have told the pharmacist what I want:actifed and she is asking whether I want the syrup or tablet, the one for only blocked nose or blocked nose and cough, this guy walks in and he's the center of attention because of his fake accent.
Guy: Postinor 2 please
Pharmacist: 24.00 cedis
Guy: why?
Pharmacist: smiles
Guy: is it original?
Assistant: it's postinor 2 from Ernest chemist
Do we have fake and original?
Pharmacist: postinor 2 from Ernest chemist
Guy: Don't you have another one?
Pharmacist: Potex
Guy: How much is that
Apparently settles for Potex
Guy: It does the same thing right?
Pharmacist: Yes, emergency contraceptive.
Guy: laughs out loud...so why is it cheaper
Everyone keeps quiet. He pays for the potex and walks away. Potex is half the price I guess.
The guy drives a good car. I want to assume it belongs to him....I beg to differ.

I'm thinking,  it's so sweet of the guy to be the one getting the morning after pill. I like the fact that he's accepting responsibility and also trying to avoid unwanted pregnancy instead of a sister having to do it alone. On the other hand, this guy is trying to buy a sister the cheapest of drugs though I sincerely have not used the drug in question before and so cannot tell the difference. 

This guy has left lots of unanswered questions seriously.  I'm wondering,  why are you bursting the nuts when you are not ready to be responsible and are not taking precaution?  And if you want to avoid unwanted pregnancy, why not use the best of drugs? I think, the higher the price of the drug, the more effective it is right? So I assume Postinor 2 should be the preferred choice.  Yet this guy from everything,  wants the cheapest way out.  Why are some guys so insensitive?  The sister is going  to take the drug alone please. If anything happens to her, it will happen to just her, not you.

I guess it is said that such drugs have no side effects but I know from stories I have heard that such drugs make you have your period either exactly on the said date you are expecting it or even before, depending on when you take the pill.  I do not like that mensturating bit of womanhood at all personally.  So  I can imagine what it would feel like having it unexpectedly. Yet a sister has to go through this to pay for the actions of two people. The least a guy can do is be there, which I think he has done by going to get the drug. I will expect him to show her the best of love before and after she takes it. The other thing he could have done was to make sure he got her the best or avoid getting there by using other preventive methods.

It is said to have no side effects.  Are they sure? What about future implications on the woman? And Psychologically?  Oh well! Just wondering.

Every girl deserves the best. Guys should stop treating girls like some girls deserve the world and others a container. You guys hurt the girls and change their perception about love so she becomes bitter and even cannot see it when the good guy comes around. Guys are cheating on innocent girls who do all they can for them and end up teaching these girls to become bad. Same guys branding girls as bad when you are the ones teaching them that being bad is better than being good, because afterall, being good isn't appreciated.

Our mothers should begin to teach their sons to be real gentlemen.  A guy invites a girl to go to his house, they have a good time and the guy has no manners to get the girl back home. True gentlemen invite girls and make sure they get them back to their destinations.  Which ever way you choose to do it, it's your job unless she has a car....funny, I beg to differ.

Guys are having it the easy way out. With girls having to take care of themselves and the guys too. Well it's a relationship, you are not her father but if you cannot go out of your way to do the basic things for her, you are not loving her right.

I remember a certain sweet who always bought me airtime because I was his girlfriend. I got used to having someone buy me airtime, I never learned to buy my own airtime until recently.   I did not have to ask, he sent it on a weekly basis. Perhaps,  he thought buying me airtime was the least he could do for me but I appreciated it so much. It made me think of him as someone who thought I would need it once he was buying some for himself. Like; 'my boyfriend buys me airtime anytime he's buying for himself' and that was thoughtful of him. On the other hand, he taught me to buy airtime for people I'm sweet on. God bless him though.

Girls stop spoiling guys and causing them to mistreat you. Spoiling him by not letting him be responsible as a man, towards you. If a guy likes you, even if he doesn't have the means, he will find a way to make you happy. Won't say anymore sisters. If he isn't doing it for you, , there's someone he's doing it for. Don't cry when you find that out because you chose to help him. There's nothing wrong with helping a guy, I'm just saying don't fully assume his role for him, that's all!

Guys, if you can't adhere to the norms and customs of an idol, don't start worshipping it at all . My dear sisters,  some of you are even doing more than emergency contraceptive pills. Abortions.....etc.  Please value yourselves. He isn't  married to you!  Giving it out to just any undeserving person.  Your ........is for benefits. I'm done addressing this issue.

Don't end up saying:' My stupidity' some day!

I hope that sister taking the potex or whatever it is called tonight will get some good loving and get the best of drugs from her man next time. Every girl deserves the best. I hope the man who has her realises it early before he loses her. One man's spit is another man's weed.



Shout out to the guys doing it right: not assuming the role of her father, doing the PDA because you feel that way and making her feel special even when it's just the two of you, buying her flowers: Gh boys are becoming like....sending her airtime not because she asked for it, buying random gifts for her even if it's nothing expensive,  paying for her time at the spa once a while because you want to be part...taking her to the African Sun and all the best places because you want her to think she deserves the best and that you can take care of her as her man. Buying her that bag you saw some girl holding because you got your monthly pay when she hasn't asked for it. Thinking about her anytime you see a girl who has it all; the face, boobs, ass etc and saying to yourself;'my baby has it all too, she's fine, she's a queen' instead of leering after other girls and causing your sight to make your mind.... Sharing your 'nothing' the most little thing with her.Remember, love is also about how you make the person feel: special and cherished.
You are the best!







This is for a friend  who actually makes me feel like 'yeah, I've got it all, I'm a queen. Like, I've had lots of people take me out to places to eat ice cream but the best place I've been to eat ice cream  was with you. I've had lots of people say nice things to me but the best thing someone ever told me, was from you.' It is dark and quiet but I'm laughing out loud and hard and I know you will laugh when you read it too.  Thank you for making me laugh these past few days <3

9 comments:

  1. Amazing write Elly !!! Keep it up as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. :)
      No like button here..but I'm glad you like it.
      Thanks.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nail hit right on the head. Sia girls!. In these era which girl still opens her legs that wide for a man who offers you nothing and who doesn't have the decency to walk you to the alter?...Hear me Missy, if hes buying potex for you and not Postinor2 which is just chicken feed 24.00 then my dear honestly he doesn't love you as much as he claims he does. Hes only interested in your apple, dassorr. Its high time women place a high rate on themselves......the way you portray yourself to a man tells the way he would treat you. ... emergency contraceptives have side effecys...stop abusing it. Wise up! Guys just be careful the way you treat your girlfriends because just one day you would all wake up to realise your balls have shrinked..#that hole you enter in and out of can lead to your destruction. #beware.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Eeeiii small girl, the things you can say...Are you sure you are not an old woman? You crack me up. We only learn after the storm, very few people learn from the experiences of others in such cases. Allow someone to make her own mistakes too.

    ReplyDelete