Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Wednesday 11 February 2015

Puppishgirl at One


February ends today and I just remembered that the Puppishgirl forgot to observe her anniversary.  Oh yes! I sincerely hope I do not forget my birthday because I've been wondering how people can forget their  birthdays.

'I have cried
I have laughed
I have learned
I have grown
I've offended people
I have been controversial in my submissions
I made a few enemies
I made some friends
I got  constructive criticisms
I got patted on the back
... I'm living my dream'

That describes the year long journey. A year ago, I began blogging not knowing exactly what I would be posting. I just needed the space to develop my writing skills, to explore various subjects and to write a piece of my mind at all times without restrictions.

I wondered what exactly I wanted to communicate to my readers. I'm still on the discovery journey but I can tell that, I have written quite a few beautiful pieces  that people can relate to. I have always wanted a personal blog and I finally got one.

Starting off with beautiful poems, I gradually could deal with daily issues and not restrict myself to love poems. Sometimes I overstepped my boundaries and hit on people. These people decided to hit back and I got over a hundred comments for expressing my opinion as the puppishgirl.  I have made enemies after that who would not read anything from the puppishgirl because my post was exported from tango to facebook.

I was never and I'm still not a social media person. I love my privacy, I love to be the girl who isn't known on social media yet what I do is linked with social media.  I appreciate every single comment.  Those posted and those sent to me privately. I appreciate the people who take their time to read every single thing I post. It feels special to know that someone actually reads what I write. I appreciate good friends.  Those that helped me with this blog, sharing my posts on social media,  proofreading and  helping me with posting till I learned to do it all alone. I appreciate all the experiences thus far.

From writing down my Girl Guides camping experiences into fiction at age ten, to getting published for the first time in the 'Young Mirror' at age fifteen, through all the Mirror, Spectator, P&P, Magazines and Website publications,  I've loved every single bit of it.

My sincere apologies to the people I offended whilst trying to pursue my dream. From my recent post that was in three parts which I quickly removed because I value relationships and friendships and would hate to lose a friend because of my blog post. My tango post which got exported and earned over a hundred comments on facebook taught me that on this journey, I would be faced with tough situations such as reading negative comments and even attacks on my personality. It has made me tough and taught me to be careful in my submissions next time.

Regardless of these, I have had a good first year as a blogger.
Thanks to the people who encouraged me and said I could do this. Someone showed me his inbox a few days ago.  Lots of blog posts from the Puppishgirl and he had been reading them. It made me smile.
Thanks to everyone.
Life would be boring without writing and reading. ...
Puppishgirl is grateful for people like you!








No comments:

Post a Comment