Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Monday 16 February 2015

A Remembrance Note.....I Waited In Vain... Featuring Guest Blogger; Mancee Adiku.

So Saturday was valentines day . A day set  aside specifically to show love to the people we love and those who matter the most in our lives.  Today I celebrate the life  of a witty, handsome , down to earth and warm hearted gentleman who loved me so dearly.  On this day I would like to say thank you for sticking and staying through my darkest moments and  at the time when my family had turned their back on me. Thank you for opening the doors of your house to me, feeding and clothing me as if you gave birth to me. You were the only person who never complained about how stubborn I was nor how short my fingers were. Whether my palms felt soft or not so long as it was me, you were good to go. You so loved my imperfections and you had your own way of correcting, guiding and moulding me into a better person.

There were moments you had gotten angry and days when you could have just walked away but you made the bond between us grow stronger and stronger instead. I still remember our fights.
Petty fights all because you were so jealous and didn't want to share me with anyone. Gosh, your anger burns . But I loved you more after every fight and so did you. I also remember the kisses from your pink african lips...they were so sweet, and your touches were like eating chocolates. 
I miss the way you tease me, sometimes made me want to cry and it made you laugh so much. Till now, I still do not know what you saw in me but your desire for me to climb the ladder of success was your biggest priority and by the grace of God here I am. It hurts me that you went away so quickly and that you won't be there in the midst of the crowd cheering me on as I receive#my honors. Oh how could distance do this to me? Why should you be taken away so suddenly?...No goodbyes, no drop offs and picks from school, no pillow fights, no cuddling up on the couch or sitting on the grass watching the stars. Neither were there any kisses nor holidaying on the beach in Ada ....
You were gone within a twinkle of an eye... Hmmmmm.

This is heartbreaking and here I am wishing I had listened to you when you said we should have a baby. At least if I had given birth he or she would remind me of You.  I wanted to be done with school first so  I can really settle down and make a family with you. Gosh! This pain in my heart, now I am only left with memories. Where ever you are, thank you for showing me what love is and what it really means to be loved. You were my perfect gentleman and a priceless gift. I dream of you, I smell you and I feel you all around. You would always remain stuck at the right side of my heart. Truly there's  none and would be none like you.  I love you !





I did not hear from you on Saturday. I tried calling you.   Something kept pushing me to call you. I tried again yesterday and still there was no response. I didn't know your silence meant you were bidding me goodbye. I called this morning and was told you went to be with the Lord a few hours ago. I'm saddened by the news of your departure.  So I've been waiting for you to come back to Ghana and all I can look forward to  now, is a last glance at your mortal remains.
I miss you soo much already, I'm going to miss you. You didn't even speak with me for the final time...God keep your beautiful soul.

In loving memory of the man who genuinely loved me and gave his all to make me happy. ....Kwabena Kyereboah ...1979-2015..........Black Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm. I'm saddened too. So you could not sleep last night because kwabena was getting ready to take his last breath. God was giving you a sign. Do you remember 4th October and what a wasted day it was? No sleeping the night before, no eating, nothing and at 12 noon reality hit us? Just last night we were talking about it and then today, kwabena. I pray he gets flown to Ghana so at least you can see his face and be sure that he really has gone away from this world. I sincerely pray that it's his white chick playing pranks or something and this isn't true at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you cry a river, he won't come back. All things work together for good for them that love God. 1st Thessa 5:18, in everything give thanks. Including death. Rev 14:13 Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord...I love this one; Rev 21:4 And god will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.
    Let these remind you during this period that this too is just another phase. God grant his soul rest and comfort his mum and sister.

    ReplyDelete