Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Thursday 7 May 2015

Sunshine Dollup : Diary Of A Single Woman VII

Yella
What was Audrey thinking. She and her Jeremy excused themselves, Claude and I watched as they walked hand in hand and gradually disappeared.

Our order arrived but I just picked my phone and started texting Bambi. I sincerely hoped she would come on line. 'Hey big sis, you okay?' 'No Bambi. I'm sitting at the beach with some weird guy.'
'Lol. Give me a description of him.' 'Tall, fair, not cute but attractive. White teeth, I'm wondering if he's bleached'  'Hehehehe. Married, single, dating?' Asked Bambi. 'He isn't wearing a band.' 'Oh well, work it big sis. I'm stepping out briefly. Lets chat later.Love you xx'
Bambi went off line without waiting for me to finish typing.

I looked up at Claude's face and he was staring at me. 'Can we eat now?' Without waiting for my response,  he picked a tissue and handed me a piece of pizza before helping himself. 'Thanks.' Was all I could manage to say. What was that for? Did I ask him to help me? Interesting dude. By the time I was done, he had helped me pick another one without asking. 

'Where do you live Ella?' 'Down West and you?'  'Milkyway.' I nodded.  Well he asked me, I was just trying to make conversation. 'What do you do?' Errrrmmmm, why do you want to know.  I thought to myself. 'I'm an Investment banker.' 'Whats your focus?' Claude asked again. 'Mergers and acquisitions. ' He looked intrigued by now. I lecture part time as well.' He smiled . ' What did you study at school?' MBA in Law'. 'Aha, interesting. Smart girl.' This time, I smirked  ' . ...and what do you do?' He  smiled staring into my eyes. His smile was funny I thought.  I smiled back. 'You have a beautiful smile' Claude said to me. 'Thanks.' Dude, answer the question and stop with the unnecessary flattery. I'm aware. Yella is beautiful.  God  did a good job with me. No need reminding me. I know it.

'I'm a doctor.' He got me laughing.  You're a joke I thought.  You? A doctor? How many patients do you attend to in a day because seriously dude, you look funny. Your patients must love you. 'Thats nice' I managed to say. 'Coming from you, thanks.' He said smiling. 

There was an awkward moment of silence whilst we all munched on the pizza. 'Are you working tomorrow? ' Claude asked.  'Yes, are you? ' 'No, I'm on vacation.'    'Good for you... So what are you going to be doing with your time?' 'Have breakfast,  lunch or dinner with you if you would let me.'  I laughed at his statement.  'Me?' 'Yes sure. Please say yes.' For a moment I thought he was joking but he kept asking.

'I'm sorry.  Can't have breakfast or lunch with you.' 'Dinner? ' I thought through my schedule for tomorrow. I had to get home to finish with my End of semester exam questions.  I had to submit them by tuesday at noon. No way. Ain't got time to have dinner with anyone tomorrow.  'Dinner, its settled right, 8pm. Marbles, is that okay? '  'Hahahah.  I haven't said yes.' 'Oh well,  I was hoping you would say yes.' 'Okay Claude,8pm.' I agreed though I didn't want to. Afterall, I was going to be home alone and was going to finish with my questions in an hour or so. I was sure to spend the rest of my night alone and wishing I had someone to cuddle or laugh with.

Audrey and Jeremy only came back when darkness fell on the beach. I had tried reaching Aya several times but her phone was off. How was I going to get home, I thought. 'Are you okay?' Claude asked. I nodded and he smiled at me. 'So Aya will pick you up? ' Audrey asked. ' Well, thats what we agreed on but her phone is off.' 'Let Claude drop you at home.' Without waiting for my response,  she went on to ask him. 'Claude, can you please take Yella home? Her sister is supposed to be picking her up but her phone is off .' 'I can do that. ' Claude answered. 

Audrey and I walked behind as the guys walked infront of us to the car park. It was dark and the beach was becoming cold. I kept trying Aya's phone but it was still off. When we got to the car park, Jeremy bid me goodbye whilst Audrey hugged me. 'We'll talk when I get home. It was fun hanging out with you. ' She said smiling.  Fun, I thought.  You and your boyfriend just disappeared leaving me all alone and you call that fun. My lips are sealed.

Claude and I walked in silence as he guided me  to his car. We got to the 2014  silver Acura MDX, was I seeing right. I saw this car on Tv the other day. 2015 and 2014. I love cars and have been looking out to make them out easily. Aya and I do that often to see who gets the name right. Well maybe it isn't an Acura MDX, I thought. Yes it is, I'm sure. As I contemplated, Claude opened the door for me to get seated and shut it after me. I waited as he came to sit in the drivers seat beside me and turned on the ignition. He stared at me before moving the car. I took out my phone again.  Dialling Aya's number. It was still off. Why would Aya's phone be off. She had not even sent a text to let me know if there was a problem.

Claude rudely interupted my thoughts as it began to rain. 'I'm glad we left the beach.' 'Me too, we would have gotten drenched.' 'Yes.' The car was quiet again with just the radio on. I turned to gaze at Claude and then looked away onto the road that stretched on, ahead of us.



















No comments:

Post a Comment