Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Thursday 28 May 2015

He Asked And I Said Yes

'Do you promise to love this man, foresaking all others,  to cherish and stay faithful to this man for the rest of your life? ' Reverend Fabin asked again. The bride needed to answer the question to ensure a  smooth running of the ceremony.The garden was quiet awaiting the bride's response.

She had listened carefully to the words of Reverend Fabin from the beginning but didn't hear him conclude his question.  She had only been brought back to reality when she heard her  name. 'Lola, do you promise to love this man, foresaking all others,  to cherish and stay faithful to this man for the rest of your life?' Reverend Fabin asked again.  The bride still did not respond. Hyde stared at her face wondering if something was amiss. Had she changed her mind. Why wasn't she responding. Had she changed her mind, he wondered.

Lola
I heard Reverend Fabin ask the question from the beginning and listened attentively as if I was hearing it for the first time.   Though I had heard it over and over again during our prep up sessions leading to today.  I did not have the chance to answer.  I lost concentration as  Reverend Fabin   went on. Then, I heard him mention my name and listened as he repeated the question again.  Giving each a word a careful thought but my mind drifted off....

It struck my mind, how it had all began. It had been raining for hours in the city. My car got stuck in the middle of the road and would not move again.  I wondered what would happen to me in the rain. Frustrated ,  I buried my face on the steering wheel. After a while, I heard a tap on the glass but did not bother.  Then I heard it again and raised my head to find a dark handsome guy, standing in the rain and staring at me.

He  helped me get home and later had my car brought to me.  That had marked a discovery journey for me. I found in him: a best friend, a laughing mate, a nurse, a doctor,a chef, Mr. Fix it, my gift, my bible class teacher,  my super man and more. Each day, his actions endorsed him as the Adam I had been praying for. Six months after we met, Hyde asked me the question I had been looking forward to being asked for the most part of my adult life.

He had invited me to Jades where he and his friends had been hanging out that evening and there, he had it all planned.  'My queen; Lola, would you marry me pleaseeeeee?'  Remembering that day brought a smile to my face  now and I know remembering today in future,  would even make me laugh as long as this lasts.

I stared at Hyde. He looked perturbed. Thank you for making me so happy.  Thank you for choosing me to do this with.  I'm  lucky to have you and today, I promise to love, cherish and celebrate you forever. I thought secretly to myself.  'I doooooooooooooo' Smiling stupidly. The thunderous applause that came from the  witnesses  present at our celebration of love brought me back to reality. I had said the I do unconsciously.

I was walking on air.
The beauty of love found me.
















I've been on break.
Had challenges with my health so the break was necessary. 
I'm back now.

Photo source:  :)
I can use all your pictures as many times as I wish without asking or acknowledging the source says me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment