Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Saturday 7 January 2017

Welcome My President!

Congratulations to Ghanaians for a peaceful election. Better luck next time Ex President Mahama. Our history cannot be told without you though. Congratulations President Nana Akufo Addo.

I'm glad you rose to the highest office of the land. Your persistence and determination, though admirable isn't exactly peculiar, because there have been others just like you but you are welcome my president. With your reign I will constantly do write ups on Ghana, politics, law and the economy. Thus your ascension to this office made me discover another aspect in my writing career.

I will be your best and worst friend. Cheering you on, I will critique and draw your attention to very important national issues like I mentioned earlier. Ghanaians are not only expecting so much from you, but I'm personally looking forward to a few of your campaign promises. One of them being transformation of the Zongo communities.

Mr. President, I want to see this happen real quick because of all the places, that's where my favourite braids girl decided to ply her trade. I may not feel safe and comfortable going there, but certainly I cannot help it. I have hard core friends who love to go there too. So you see, this Zongo transformation thing is not only a big deal for Zongo dwellers but also for occasional visitors like me.

I am eagerly awaiting the creation of jobs, one district, one factory, an end to our progressive power crisis: dumsor, reduction in tariffs, free Senior High School. Free Senior High School will help lesson the burden on some parents and on me a surrogate Mum whose beneficiaries constantly look up to my little foundation to push them towards the goal.

Mr. President, these and many more you enunciated and we the people of Ghana are anxiously awaiting to see and enjoy them.

Damn your blunders or is it plagiarizing of your speech... I won't comment on your outfit and how you showed me your belly when you are not my sugar daddy. No comments on my first lady's outfit either. My second lady....
All we need is a changed Ghana, nothing less!
You cannot let us down. No you won't!
Infact you dare not. I have so much faith in you, candidly Ghanaians do too.

Wishing you all the best during your tenure in the highest office of the land as the bus driver who will lead us to our next destination.

God bless our homeland Ghana!

14 comments:

  1. No comment for now. Will get back. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and straight to the point expectations from president! Well not comments! Just wanted to see how you will support him to achieve these goals apart from you urging him on! Sure a good write up! As to the picture? No comment!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes expectations. I'll support him by constantly reiterating my expectations....

      Delete
    2. Yes expectations. I'll support him by constantly reiterating my expectations....

      Delete
  4. I hope this post goes viral today – these tips are what strong writers do everyday. Saying more with less is the best kind of writing. I think that’s why I enjoy reading on your blog, the whole point is to say as much as you can in the smallest space. What good are big words if they don’t add clarity?

    Brilliant write as always Elly, keep it up as always dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for always reading.
      Really appreciate....x

      Delete
    2. Thanks for always reading.
      Really appreciate....x

      Delete
  5. Hmmm.... I sense trouble for our new president oooo... I bet this puppishgirl won't let him sleep...
    What a time to be the first gentleman of our dear country Ghana...
    Great piece Elly... 🤗🤗🤗

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed congratulations to H.E. Nana Addo Dankwah Akuffo Addo and a big welcome to you. Praying and looking forward to you achieving your goals set for our motherland Ghana

    ReplyDelete