Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Thursday 12 January 2017

IF YOUR LIFE WERE TO BE ON CAMERA...

I remember my boss had  given out a stern warning not to eat at your desk but rather leave your desk to go eat at the right place and come back after noticing most people had made it a habit. I had been  so overwhelmed  with work and had lots of things to do that I barely  made time to eat. I found it more convenient  to sit at my desk and sip on my usual  tea or Kalyppo  with biscuits (well, I  drank  Kalyppo  before  the craze  began and was even  labelled as the girl who ate food meant for babies. It's quite a  surprise  now to see those same people  drink Kalyppo) I wondered why the boss did not give exemptions and was obviously  hoping  I would  be one of those who could eat at my desk. Obviously, I was  not above the law.

I still broke the rule once a while because  I  was too busy wanting to accomplish  my tasks for  the  day since I  did  not have  the same  hours as others. I would go under my desk, sip on my Kalyppo, munch on my biscuits and wipe my lips with tissue then, go back to working  on my computer. After  a while, I would pick my hand wipes and clean my hands, then go under the desk to sip on my Kalyppo and munch on my biscuits. Finish chewing, sit back on my seat  and continue  with  my  work. I had finished  as usual and decided  to look around. Then I remembered  I was on camera. Wow! Hunger almost made me forget I was being watched.

That is how our lives feel like sometimes. We do things  forgetting  that other people  are  looking  up to us, we break the rules, use inappropriate  or unapproved  routes to gain what we hope to achieve. Sometimes  we end up hurting  other people  with  our actions yet, it is our happiness  that  really matters  to us regardless of how shitty it makes others feel.

If only we took the time to gaze up or around, it would guard our actions to put us on our toes just for us to be on our best behaviour.
It really  doesn't  matter  who you are, what you do or if you play any major role in society. What  really matters  is for us to always bear in mind, that we are  being  watched. Someone  is probably  looking  up  to you to  live their  lives. We also do not want  our present or current actions to come back haunting  us in the future. It is better  to live your life as if you were on camera in 2017 and beyond than to be caught on camera.




Photo Credit: Arden

Happy birthday Ivan xxx
💝

5 comments:

  1. Live life like I'm on camera, cool. That's great advice cos God is always watching us.
    "(well, I drank Kalyppo before the craze began and was even labelled as the girl who ate food meant for babies. It's quite a surprise now to see those same people drink Kalyppo)"
    Looool 😂😂😂👍👍👍 kalypo, onaapo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAMERA ROLLING-- TAKE ONE! ACTION! beautiful write up!

    ReplyDelete