Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Wednesday 9 November 2016

If I Wore Rags, I Would Still Be Beautiful!

On Sunday, I decided to look different. Instead of my usual style of dressing to church, I chose to wear a colourful slit and lace top. My niece kept laughing at my appearance even as I was about to leave home though she told me I looked nice. I  contemplated  changing clothes when I remembered an incident that happened with Yd.

He had come to see me one  Friday night after work. He had closed late and we were not hanging out. As always,  I  hugged  him, elated to finally see him after a long day. When we were done with the hugs, kisses and the I missed you bit, as part of his ritual  of paying attention  to everything  'me'   he began to check out my clothes.

'Is that a night dress?' Touching the dress I was wearing  probably  to be sure he was seeing right.
Oh gosh. Boys! I thought to myself.
'I wouldn't  wear my night dress to see you please.'
He smiled and said to me; 'even if you wore rags, you would  still be beautiful.'
I smiled back, mumbling a thank you  though I wasn't exactly sure what that meant. I sought to get an explanation some other time.

After this time, one thing resonated with me. I was pretty, no doubt but beneath that physical beauty, he saw something  I could not see or did not know I possessed. A beautiful mind and soul: beautiful  inside and outside. I ended up wearing my slit and lace top reminding myself that even if I wore rags, I would still be beautiful.

How many times, haven't  we focused so much on our outward appearance as individuals neglecting our inward beauty?  I'm not saying to neglect your outward appearance by wearing unfashionable clothes, mismatch,  unironed  clothes or a look that will make people think twice about you at a first glance. No! But do not be too busy working on your physical beauty at the expense of developing an inner beauty.

A good attitude towards others, a forgiving heart, loving others even when they prove so difficult to be loved: there are people who will simply not appreciate someone being nice to them because they are either too damaged or too busy to see. Being kind, gentle, helpful and thoughtful.
Thinking through your words  before they come out: bearing in mind the feelings of others before you say those words.
Self love: loving yourself so much that you radiate love and people who come around you, can feel the love too. A smile: a smile that misinforms the world you have no worries, till your worries desert you because they can't stand your smile. One that melts the heart of another person. Self confidence is key. Above  all, submitting to a higher authority: the old bearded man up there and feeding your spirit man constantly just as you do to your body.

Let people learn to see beyond the pretty or handsome  face and beautiful body appreciating the inner you. You can be so physically attractive but without your inner beauty, you will still be a bitch.
Next time you look in the mirror and aren't so sure of who you see, remember who you are and say : 'I would still be beautiful  if I wore rags.'











5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. You can be so physically attractive but without your inner beauty, you will still be a bitch. Good Attitude is well recommended for almost everyone. Well said. Nice costume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful costume 😘,I will try this style one Sunday... You still look beautiful in "rags"

    ReplyDelete