Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Wednesday 17 February 2016

Taken...

Sunday was  Valentine's day. May I ask what you did? How was your celebration? 

Well for a start, I went to church.
It was awesome. Napped for a while and then at half six my girlfriends and I began our little celebration.  We were not going to  rely on dudes to dictate the pace and celebration of our day. To us it was a perfect time to have a little girl time. First place we went to was so crowded.We had meant it to be a pizza night, so we opted to go to Champs. It was cozy in there as we chatted over drinks and pizza (No alcohol). Just talking gibberish and watching people (Couples).

Well, what else was there to do.
No single dude in this city came out alone.
Everyone had a woman for the day. Honestly, I'm hoping it lasts beyond just some celebration.

In my opinion, I beg to differ though,  Valentine's day can be every day. I don't have to wait till 14th February to give my dream boy gifts or take him out. I could do that any day. I've read posts by lots of people who probably assumed they were taken until 14th February.  They sounded disappointed and some have vowed to move on without people who always disappoint.

Well, trust me, the single women had the best celebration. Firstly they didn't have to wait for gifts from any one. Secondly since their happiness didn't depend on any dude, their day was just another day so they could not be set up for disappointment like those who apparently thought they had been taken only to find out that, whoever they must have thought had taken them had their eyes fixated on either someone else or just didn't think they deserved a treat or perhaps were just not for the celebration.

Whichever way,taken or single, I hope you had a memorable celebration because my girls and I did.  I hope you didn't get up to anything that would mar your relationship or disrupt your life in the months ahead.
Hope you went easy on yourself, it wasn't a world cup tournament.  It was just just a day to celebrate whether taken or not.




It's my Alice's birthday today.
What can I say?
I wish you several  more celebrations ahead....

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice is a celebrity.My celeb.All we ask is for several more celebrations for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice is a celebrity.My celeb.All we ask is for several more celebrations for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alice is a celebrity. My celeb. All we ask id several more celebrations for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't really do any celebration, only went to church and spent time watching football. Was cool cos l exchanged gifts 🍰 with a couple of friends @ church. Great to know u had a good time too 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you for sharing Steven

      Delete
    2. I also went to Church that morning after which I went home to enjoy some waakye. Honestly, I overfed myself and went to sleep after an hour. I woke up later in the evening and went out for walk observing revelers in red and white outfits.

      Delete
    3. 'Watching revelers in red and white outfits?' That must have been fun....:)

      Delete