Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Sunday 21 February 2016

Oh This World!

Most people are living with life threatening conditions and hoping it gets better. Some claim to have been told by their spiritual fathers not to adhere to doctors advice as that might push them to an early grave. Others would rather resort to other means of healing instead of the one we all know.

It is not wrong to seek the face of God in such instances. Infact personally I would put God first but when  the diagnosis has been made, the first thing to keep you going would be to seek  continuous medical care. If you are so spiritual, it is okay to find out what God says about your situation. Infact that's the way to go but after that,  do what you have to do: seek proper medical care. No one can make decisions for you: yes people can advice but you know what, if they haven't been through what you are going through, you are speaking with the wrong people.  Except the person is above you (You know what I mean). Again make sure you are speaking with the right person.

I'm tired of hearing my Pastor said that,
My Pastor said that....
Yes your Pastor did but what is he doing to help you feel well? It is good to apply faith but a few months ago, I learned that sometimes we should not cut out other possibilities in the process.The faith process does not only mean sitting down and waiting for a miracle to happen. It is a whole walk. Sometimes the only way you can get better is through the cuts and needles with God going ahead. Sometimes you need to go the extra faith mile to get healed.
Don't you shut out other options.







I am deeply saddened by the news of the death of someone. I knew you to be ablaze for Jesus. I still recall the day when I had just gotten home.  You opened my gate saying you had a dream about me and wanted to  share it with me.
I had seen you around but had never spoken with you. It felt weird but I still listened and thanked you for sharing your dream with me. I exhibited a sign of humility according to you and when you reiterated that the solution was in Christ, I did not challenge you but rather considered the option you provided.
I felt the presence of God that evening and enjoyed fellowshiping with you guys.
Since then, our conversations were centered around Christ. I remember how you encouraged me to view my work in the house of God as  an opportunity to serve when I was new at my current church.  You told me I was new in that church but I was  not new in Christ. Again if the zeal you had for the things of Christ was still there, what can separate you from him? If sickness did not, not death either.  You got so depressed at the expense of people, you appeared as unfriendly but I knew you from way back. This thing made you have split emotions.  You must have gotten tired. Your pain must have been unbearable.  Henceforth, there shall be no more pain or sorrow nor weeping. God has wiped your tears away, you have left this world behind.  I know you are singing as you journey on. Oh this world... Today,  I learn another crucial lesson.  My hope will keep being in the Lord. Go on...Sleep with the Lord. ..You are just sleeping, your tears are over.

6 comments:

  1. Oh charley . I remember seeing her some few days ago n each time I saw her I felt her pain. She looked tired the day I saw her. It is well now. The pain is gone. I grief for the children she left behind but God will takecare of them. Everything we go through here on earth is for a purpose. Men of God are humans too. Seek God and medical attention when you are not well. May she journey on and rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Quite sad.
    I knew it would come to this but again I was hoping things could turn around.
    I'm sooooo scared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elly I agree with you on the bit of going to hospital for check up rather than relying solely on what some so-called men of God tend to profess. They do this to mislead ignorant and sometimes fearful members to extort monies from them. We all have to be smart in dealing with some of these issues. But sorry about your situation. Will remember you in prayers.

    ReplyDelete