Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Thursday 20 February 2014

Pretty in Body, Mind and Soul

Pretty in body, mind and soul

A field filled with many trees and flowers;
Big fancy and small trees,
Fancy flowers;
Sweet wild scented flowers.
Friendship is like a field of flowers,
We pick and choose which people to call friends;
Sweet friends,
Fancy friends,
It is called a life of friendship because that is what we choose.
Ours is a field of all kinds of flowers;
I pick the wild,
the sweet,the fancy,the ugly.
Yet, ours blossoms and grows.
You pluck me and I pick you.
You throw me away sometimes,
I dump you at other times.
Most often,you just ignore my sweet smell and choose others over me.
It feels like am not fanciful and sweet enough.
Sometimes you pick,throw me in the fields and just let me wither.
Another time, you come and pick me,nurse and replant me.
I blossom and grow again because of all the  attention, affection and care.
Then you pick me yet again and throw me away, as if you would  never need  me.
How many times would I let you pick me...
How many times would I let you dump me...
How many times would I let you choose others over me...
How many times would i start all over again because of you...
Whether fanciful or sweet,
Whether wild or fresh,
I deserve to be taken care of and treated like other flowers.
If not,
I refuse to be picked ever again by you.
Ask me why and i would tell you;
I'm too pretty in body,mind and soul!!!

5 comments:

  1. Of course you are pretty in body, mind and soul that's why you treat other people nicely and that's why others will also go out of their way to take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...thanks and so are you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..Pretty in body,mind and soul!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice work. Eli miss u.

    ReplyDelete