Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Monday 26 February 2018

A WALK DOWN THE AISLE TALES: CASH FOR SUGAR DADDY

People come into our lives for various reasons. Some come as acquaintances,  helpers, friends for life name them. Just the other day, I went asking my friends if they knew any rich old men. It was hilarious,  my girlfriends dissed me, others said I was crazy, while others laughed it off. My male friends: some were like is it Movenpick or Kempinski you to want to go to, I'll take you. Others said they were available, it must have sounded like a joke. There was another group that got furious that I would come asking for sugar daddy links in the first place. Oh well, was just messing around but indeed there's too much pressure in this world.

If you are aspiring to be my sugar daddy, the five or four star hotels in Ghana won't impress me unless I allow myself to be impressed by you by psyching myself up. You know why, as early as age 22 , I had this boyfriend, who was  son of a certain big man in Ghana who wanted to act like a big man himself,  as young as we were. Those hotels were  where we had our drinks just to talk or watch soccer and have  dinner. After that time, taking me to such places and wasting what I call money which may be peanuts to you, does not wow me.

I seemingly had a male admirer not long ago who loved to tow the same line, he believed in taking me to the best places to dine but when nothing came out of it, he called me the girl who wouldn't even appreciate his head if he cut it for me. You see, a certain boy had spoilt me and taught me to look beyond material things and luxurious places. Believe me I appreciate simple gestures and places, I've come to learn it's the intent and reason behind a person's actions that matters. Now tell me, where are you gonna take me in Ghana that I haven't been to?

Sugar Daddies come into the lives of young women to get one thing, their sexual fantasies and desires met. In some instances they genuinely love the little girls they date and end up settling down with them if they do not have men in their lives already. I know a childhood friend who is happily married to one with whom she has kids and obviously he has helped push her  dreams. I don't know if she has any regrets though. Just the other day, I was sharing with my lecturer the story of a sugar daddy who had gotten poisoned by his little girlfriend and died leaving his wife and children. My coursemate had told me the story which happened in his neighbourhood. Apparently she had wanted to get married to her younger boyfriend who she confessed had told her to kill the old man.

Personally, I'm thinking if I have a sugar daddy he has to be able to prove beyond reasonable doubts that he can blow my mind off. Yes trips abroad for the weekend, a luxurious car; brand new, yes brand new, a business empire, please this whole Ghana legal education system is frustrating, a paid world-class education in the  UK, US or Canada  won't be bad. A fat bank account,  a Regimanuel Gray estate apartment; I only ask for Regimanuel, it's affordable, I don't want to punch holes in your pocket  and we are good to go. I'm so cheap, my list isn't too tall.

Till then, we remain friends because afterall if you are not single and can marry me, this is no time to be deceiving myself into a relationship where he stands to gain more than me.  I should be enhancing my life too because in the end, he'll go back to his wife or? And I'll be left to hunt for my Adam again. Oh but if he's single and raises the bar high, and I want to spend my life with him, why not. Yes, even if you are a young married man, the gains must be good, seriously!  This sin must give me some benefits to show for.....

Yet the little I' ve seen and come to learn about this life is, it will be wrong for a young woman to place her dreams in the pocket of a man. Some maybe lucky and have those men safeguard them and help nurture them. I'm not a believer in such things. I'm still that conservative thinking woman who believes in owning my own dreams and working at it, it will be a plus to have a man push me but I do not rely on a man to push me. Did I hear you mention feminism? No no, don't get it wrong. I beg to differ, I believe a man will not marry my beauty only, I should be able to also bring something worthwhile to the table. My man must be proud he met me and has me. Do I throw my talent away or put it on hold because I await a man to push me? Oh!

Sugar Daddy can't be my thing because if you ask me to sit and wait for you, I won't. My brains race too much to want to sit and wait for someone who has got their own life. Oh I know what your argument will be next, a younger man can be equally domineering, yes but I haven't met any yet.

Some young women genuinely need the push to reach their destinations, that's fine and even if I did, I would rather hustle unless the money is worth it. Which ever way, would you like a Sugar Daddy? Feel free to have one. If not, girl, live your life...freedom is expensive!

Photo Source: Owi

3 comments:

  1. Tales of fiction,
    Sprinkled on canvas with open fantasies
    Sunk in realities
    The sweet ending!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that young man who spoilt you...😉😉. I have also come too far to put my dreams in a man's pocket so I would rather keep thriving rather than date a sugar daddy .....Elly Adiku I doff my hat off for ya... .✌

    ReplyDelete