Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Wednesday 28 February 2018

A HERO IN LIFE'S FIGHT

'Life is opening out before you
Youthful life so fresh and bright
God on high is watching over you
Be a hero in the fight
Be a hero
Stand up bravely for the fight
Be a hero
Be a hero
Be a hero in the fight'
~An old song from Primary School~


How I hate the sight of  graveyards especially when my mind isn't preconditioned to see one.
You know the hysteria that comes with it: sometimes it sets the mood for the rest of my day. It reminds me of my grandparents, my mother and a friend, my little cousin who went to be with the Lord at age 11 or so, my girlfriend who asked me for airtime and took ill and that was the end. Don't even know if she finished the airtime.


 I'm reminded of all the people I've lost to death who lie beneath the debris in the bottom surrounded by darkness.




Sometimes I like to just look at the numerous grave yards when I pass by. It teaches me lessons though it always comes with a feeling of sadness. The other time I passed by it again, I started putting this write up together but couldn't finish it.


How we take the life we live for granted. Some gamble with it, drive at top speed, ride motor bikes and gamble with their lives in the middle of the road as if this life were a gambling slot. Sometimes we are living alright but dead inside, either because of some negative experiences of the past or people's attitudes toward us. Sometimes we murder ourselves with our own words, at other times we do it to others with our very words.

I've been down for  two weeks, but while I lay not going to school or work, and trying to get well again, life taught me the meaning of that song we used to scream and sing during Primary school days back in UPS. Then, this song held no meaning for us, at least not for me. Now it does. I would sing this song to my roomie and friend Alexa years ago in Akuafo and she would say to me 'you always have a way of making me feel better'  at that time, it was to probably make her happy but now this song makes more meaning.


When all the odds are against you, when darkness seems to linger on and it isn't darkness beneath the debris,know that life is still opening out before you. When you feel like giving up, when you feel it's time to die and so cage yourself in, whilst still alive, remember this song I've just shared with you. Be a hero in the fight,  yes you be a hero in life's fight!


Photo Source: Google photos

7 comments: