Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Friday 27 November 2015

I'm A Leaf....

Can't read me,
get my user guide.
Always laughing,
even in my darkest time,
no one takes me seriously because I probably hide behind a mask.
'Tough girl' issues but I cry too.
In my alone time,
I will think about that situation.
I may not show it,
but I'm human too.
I may not let you see the tears but I cry
I may not ask you
I may not mention it because I learned to stop whining and nagging.
Yes someone taught me to be tough.
I may not say it but deep inside,
my mind is made up and overlook flaws especially when you are not 'a take home trophy'
If I'm not asking doesn't mean I'm ignorant
I'm only trying to act civil about it.
Mean or not.
There's someone in the world that has never been mean to me.
Never!
It may have taken over a year to realize it but it makes me remember that there's always that one person who would never want to crumple that leaf.
I didn't go icy...
I just grew to choose only those
who deserve to have a drink with me.
Celebrate my worth..
I'm a leaf
I can be green
I can wither....
I ain't wasting time on 'you'
Out of the loop..
Watch it fall apart
I'm a leaf
I just fell off the  tree.
I'm a leaf!!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful piece there Elly, love it really tells how u need to know a person

    ReplyDelete