Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Wednesday 1 September 2021

BEAUTY IS VAIN: WILL YOU BE READY?

Will you be ready when the Lord shall come
Will you be ready when the Lord shall come
I will be ready
I will be ready
I must be ready when the Lord shall come
.... Anonymous..

Familiar with the above song? A song some Christians sing at church, perhaps to reignite in us, the zeal to be alert for the Lord's coming. 

Just so you know, I had sat down to judge myself the previous day. Yes, I judged myself and found myself guilty in certain areas. I further sentenced myself to life in hell. 





I would not have made it to heaven- no sugar coating it to make myself happy.  I yearned for more time to make things right. Heaven does not rejoice at the death of sinners. Although I repented instantly, I still yearned for more time to be a better daughter.

A gaze in the mirror revealed my once size 12 body turned size 8. Everything the world placed value on, was gone for me. My neighbour's voice filled my head: "It was your head that made me recognise you,"  he told me while on one of my evening walks. That statement made me laugh. It was a laugh of gratitude. Gratitude to God, a laugh of contentment, a sign of the pain I've been through the past couple of months and the battle I fought and won.

 Still getting used to my new look, it occurred to me how fast and easy it is to lose all the hips, ass and boobs, some people are so obsessed with. The fastest way to lose ten kilos in three hours is to be ill and go under the knife. You can lose all that in as little as three hours. 

Dear God, my ass is gone, boobs are gone, toned thighs and legs. Quite humbling. Truly, beauty is  so vain,  but life is precious. Life with you is gold, so I'm grateful. 

Dear You, boobs, hips and ass will fade away. Marry for the right reasons? In death, you cannot be a Judge in your own case, in death, there's only one Judge.

 This is the time to gauge yourself. You cannot worship God in the grave, neither can you tell people about him, while laying in a body bag. 

Do all of that once you're still here, while you have time. The hour to exit life's stage is uncertain, will you be ready for your exit? 

So this is how I fought through the depressing days prior to Friday. The alone moments with my God, studying his word, identifying his purpose for my life and realising that I had done nothing with my life up until that time or so..

God, I had all these thoughts running through my mind. The lowest point in your life can be a place of destruction if not handled properly. I realised.

But I fought this battle and won. The pain has been worth it. 

It's Friday, the 12th actually! Butterflies in my belly...It's a good feeling.


#OneDayInApril (Excerpts)
#TwelveAlready
#ButterfliesInMyBelly


..

No comments:

Post a Comment