Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Saturday 16 September 2017

LIFE'S LITTLE BIG BLESSINGS: I SAW A MAN WITHOUT A NOSE.

While the world looks upon me
As I struggle along
They say I have nothing
But they are so wrong
In my heart I'm rejoicing
How I wish they could see
Thank you Lord
For your blessing on me! 

~Thank you Lord for your blessings on me,  by  Easter Brothers~

Last Tuesday night on my way home; around Mile Seven, I saw a man without a nose cheerfully going about his  duty of selling in traffic. No wonder I'm tempted to use the above lyrics from the Easter Brothers. He had on a smile, looked perky and did everything to get the attention of all his prospects. The whole night, I could not get over the man I had seen in traffic. I had never in my life, seen a human being without a nose. Not in real life.

All I had been doing lately; a recount of all the things I've lost in life and all the other things I do not possess. Sometimes, we are too drowned in the miseries of life, allowing the things we lack ; to control and depress us. The man does not have a nose but he still has life and he breathes properly. What's the point in counting and doing a recount of what isn't there?
At times, we are too busy asking God lots of whys instead of counting our little big blessings. Having a nose is a blessing, obviously.

Instead of investing time into counting our losses and brooding over our shortfalls, why don't we become like the Easter brothers and count our blessings? It will help get us through even the very dark days because, instead of the dark clouds we see, we'll be focused on the stars and on our little big blessings.

God brought a beautiful man without a nose my way to teach me a thing or two about my life; my little big blessings. Apparently I was oblivious of them. He brought him to  remind us that, we may not necessarily have it all sometimes, but if a man without a nose can still smile, then those with two eyes must even smile more.

A reminder that, whilst I'm  counting my losses, there's something I possess that some other person lacks: life's  little big blessings. Human beings with noses and eyes are still grumbling and asking God questions. Why can't I see properly, why am I short? why don't I  have a son? Yet, you have a daughter but someone is even looking for a baby to kick in their belly. Why is my forehead so big?  Yet someone is wishing they had just a little bit of forehead too. Perhaps it would enhance their look.

The next time you are tempted to do a recount of all your losses, try counting  your little big  blessings instead. It will remind you of all the things you possess and who you are ; blessed and lucky. Let's  learn to be thankful for our little big blessings.

4 comments:

  1. Indeed, we've got to be thankful for our little big blessings..beautiful piece
    Tnx

    ReplyDelete