Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Tuesday 6 December 2016

Create Your Own story, Take Your Own Photo!

It just occurred to me that sometimes, the people who write all the romantic things for us to read and view have never experienced it themselves. I know this is debatable but a few weeks ago, a popular writer of chicklit on wattpad announced to her readers that she had finally been disvirgened. She began to tell her readers how prior to that time she had never experienced any of the things she wrote.

Well, your guess is as good as mine, I was a bit astonished. After all,  she had about eleven stories published. All chicklit with romantic scenes. So how was she able to describe into detail all that to keep her readers engaged.....

I remember how everyone kept asking if I was thirty five and if I was single and lonely? Well, I had written a story  that perfectly depicted how a thirty five year old woman felt alone without a man. I probably did it so well, I could pass for 'Yella' in my story; 'My Favourite Romantic Novel.'

How can I  forget the story of bestselling  author Jane Austen, who has several  romantic  novels to her credit but was said to have  never enjoyed the bliss of matrimony. She  was never  married  in real life until her death.

You don't have to be an Engineer to write stories that are engineering  centered. Neither do you have to be married to tell the story of an abused or a happily married woman. You don't have to be in love to tell love stories though it comes naturally if you are in love. Not every piece of writing, not every movie is based on the experiences of the writer. Sometimes the people who write about love, are the most lonely people. Sometimes writers are the most boring people. I've had comments like my boyfriend is lucky and all. Sometimes  it is those people who are the worst partners. Sometimes, writers are the worst conversationalists. Sometimes writers make the worst lovers.

Next time you read a piece of writing and are thinking, this writer has got it all, don't forget we live  in an imperfect world and people do not have it all. It's just a piece of writing!
Sometimes people spend too much time wishing for  the same picture, movie or story.
The seemingly perfect picture of someone may not be their true life story.

It's time to create your own story, take your own picture or perhaps write your own movie. Live life by your own design. Stop dwelling or living on the stories, pictures and movies of others.  They are different and so are you. We are all at different stages at different times of our lives.











My Ghana goes to the polls in a few hours.
God bless my homeland  Ghana!

Photo  source :  Google  Photos.

1 comment:

  1. Incredible !! People will never truely understand something until it happens to them. How is life with you ?

    ReplyDelete