Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Wednesday 30 December 2015

Whose Day Are You Making?

So tonight on my way to church, a few blocks from my church, I heard someone scream my name. I turned and saw one of the guys from church.  He was rushing to go somewhere so I waved him and walked on. Then this dude that I had noticed who had parked his car and was playing or texting someone on his phone called out my name too.

'Oh so you heard my name and decided to call me right? Because I don't recall telling you my name' The silly me who walks around laughing about nothing in particular kept laughing.  How then was the dude supposed to take me seriously even if I didn't like the idea of him trying to talk to me.  He offered to take me wherever I was going. My church is just here. He didn't believe me, I had to point it out to him. 'So you are going to church to pray for a hubby.' I laughed till my cheeks hurt. (Sweetness, we don't go to church only to pray for husbands.  I go to church because my soul is happy when I go there. It is addicted to church: hubby or no hubby. It keeps me in check, what is taught from the Bible at church is the standard  by which I live my life. Thank you! ).

After our conversation, I bid him goodbye but  not before recognizing who he was. He was all calm that I'd made him out. (A celeb obviously). I still tried going my way and then he asked for my number after which he did something Gh boys you meet for the first time barely do.

He walked closer: pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead. I walked into church thinking. What the hell just happened? Did he really do that? Ok: sorry he may have been a stranger to me but I liked what he did though he caught me unawares. You see, I would love to see him again. I may not go that extra mile with him (No!)  but I'm thinking he made my night with that act. (I love what he did. Call me silly but that's just me ).

I'm thinking how many people's day I make in a day. Sometimes I just ignore people completely whilst it costs absolutely nothing to put a smile on their face. Life is short. When you have the chance to make someone smile, don't waste it. May I ask: 'Whose day are you making?' You could help someone by sharing what you have with them or by just giving them a listening ear. Which ever way you do it, what matters is: you are making someone's day and making them smile. 






Reading something tonight and it  makes  me sad.
Last day of 2015. Grateful for life and the blessings of these last few days. My God redeemed me before the sound of the final whistle for full time.

7 comments:

  1. I love the way you ended .Especially your last words "my God redeemed me before the sound of the final whistle for full time." Full time of the year 2015 I guess. My dear Elikem put on the armour of faith. God is still in the miracle business .I have seen it .Get ready to be bathed in his miracles in 2016. Happy new year .See you in 2016 . The way you liked to be kissed on this your big but cute forehead mmm.yooo....lol..😜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know he is too..
      Yaaaay I can't wait.
      Thank you and happy new year! !

      Delete
  2. God will more than redeem you, he already has, its the time we are waiting for, I smiled whn u got kissed on dat big forehead of urs.daz hw life shd be..Unknown happiness we can make room for but certainly not unforseen ocurrances.i keep making evry1 in ma life esp my frnds, and I wont stp cos its ma job, till ma final whistle

    ReplyDelete
  3. God will more than redeem you, he already has, its the time we are waiting for, I smiled whn u got kissed on dat big forehead of urs.daz hw life shd be..Unknown happiness we can make room for but certainly not unforseen ocurrances.i keep making evry1 in ma life esp my frnds, and I wont stp cos its ma job, till ma final whistle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear.
      Keep making everyone smile.
      Bless your beautiful soul.

      Delete
  4. Mancee Adiku,
    Lintema Mortson, no comments about forehead kisses.
    No comments from me

    Can't imagine how I would look without my big forehead.
    :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My advice to you: date only boys who kiss your foreheads...
      Lol

      Delete