Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Love Note:Damn Your Imperfections I like You!

                                            
    It's funny how it takes just a few minutes to meet and like someone:  A few magical moments to get acquainted and then a few more days to learn and discover stuff about them.
     Interesting stuff, deep and glorious moments; distressing times and embarrassing moments: Yet we share secrets and live each day keeping each others’ secrets; crazy stuff. Even those embarrassing revelations we would never share ordinarily, the liking for each alone makes us break the lead over them. The failures and successes of the past and the present.
With time gradually we move on to the Good Friends’ stage.  He's checking on you every morning because he wakes up with you on his mind. His number flashes across your phone's screen more than twice after the early morning check up call. Your conversations become deep and longer; forty five minutes to an hour and more on the phone talking about nothing important.
      He begins to ask you to every place and event in the city-The plays, the movies: the list is endless. Every Friday   night, you are occupied. Not so much with the boys or girls but with that special friend. Sitting over a drink or having pizza and having funny conversations that leave you  laughing really hard and refreshed.
 You draw the curtains for the night only after a big  hug and a cuddle. Oh not forgetting a big kiss on the cheek that seems brief but you find yourself wondering why he kissed you. All of a sudden you have someone thinking about you even before you have the chance to think about yourself in the mornings. He seems sweet and also sensitive to your every need and quite observant he can count every pimple on your face daily and tell which ones are new. You are amazed that he notices your nail polish as often as you repaint them in different shades.
      At a point you are wondering if there's someone who knows you better than you know yourself. It’s amazing how he can tell the change in your body- if your boobs grow big a few days before your period. When you are ill he is too; if you are down he is too. How quickly life has changed for you. It feels like you are on cloud nine every single day. You have found the only one who listens without judging you.
He is the one person who is annoying sometimes because he listens and comforts, more than judging or advising you. It's like you have no flaws at all- Perfectly made for you and you for him. Your emotions are well fed and your physical needs well met.
Lingering sweet kisses, long warm hugs, special cuddles, unique baby fights and the list goes on:  The two of you have become, in each other’s eyes, Flawless, “the most beautiful of all girls”, “the most handsome of all the guys”, “the sweetest dude ever”, “the coolest girl ever and the most dazzling personality ever”:  Blinded by magical moments.
     Are you really perfect for each other? Are you perfect for me? Am I really the most beautiful girl on earth? Are you the most handsome of all the guys? At least in my eyes you are and in yours am sure I am the coolest girl ever.
Wow....not because I really am....not because I do not get mad at you..not because we never fight..not because am without flaws..I am human too..you just got blinded, affected by my whole being and life and keep me on my toes to be at my best every time...

    If I was cool and am the coolest girl now, you drove me to be...if I am the most beautiful girl you've ever known, that's because  I met a beautiful soul inside and out I cannot afford to be anything else. So you see, I do not have the nicest thighs on earth. At least if we conducted a search for the most beautiful thighs you would find out that mine would probably be the tenth most beautiful. Yet in your eyes, mine are the most attractive.
You fail to see the scar and mark on it. I fail to see that you are not the most handsome of guys too. Your body is beautiful but it’s probably not the most beautiful in the world.
 I do not go chasing after the world...I search the world to find that which seems beautiful to me. Whether small or big; short or tall; thin or huge;  ...I am not perfect and you aren’t either.
We just found each other perfect...blinded by whatever it is that appears to us.
   If you find too different people together, younger or older, so perfect yet imperfect together, with tons of flaws yet they can't see...never wonder again. They are just suffering from,  'Damn your imperfections, I like you' because 'damn your imperfections, I like you!!                                            


Last Saturday 20th September, my cousin :Edem turned his 'Damn your imperfections, I like you' into a walk down the aisle. 'You are truly lucky to have found each other. Congratulations Mr&Mrs. Agra!!

Posted this on Monday 22nd September 2014 Blogger gave the wrong date.

3 comments:

  1. Damn the imperfection is easily said when we have honey dripping unto our tongues and when we have sausages dripped in milk on our plates. It becomes a herculean task when we start tasting bile. Anyway, what do I know. Damn the imperfection and enjoy love and life. If there is perfection, then there will be no need for love. Enjoy life. Nice piece

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Courage,'damn the imperfection and enjoy love and life.' That's it. Really honoured to have you comment on this piece. Thank you so much!!

      Delete