Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Saturday 21 October 2017

BE A HERO IN THE FIGHT!

'And up ahead
Eternity
We'll weep no more and sing for joy
Abide with me
We'll weep no more and sing for joy
Abide with me'

~ Verse taken from:
'Abide With Me', by Matt Redman~

Tonight, reminds me of Matt Redman's song: 'Abide With Me.' Just read the story of a young man who committed suicide, because his wife left him. My sister also shared with me, the story of another young woman who is contemplating suicide because she owes someone seven thousand Ghana cedis. Wow! Is seven thousand worth taking your life?

Matt Redman's song makes me understand that I'm here on a temporary sojourn. God certainly knows the pain, the sorrow, the tears, the problems that fill this world. Years ago, I missed out on a golden opportunity to become a lawyer under bizarre circumstances. I contemplated suicide. Yes I did. It was only after that experience, that I realized some situations can compel you to take certain irreversible actions. I know how it feels when death seems more appealing than life. I know what it means to be in a place of darkness with no sign of light. I know how sour it is to have drank from the well of torments and torture.

Serwa my cousin keeps saying: 'Life is beautiful no matter the situation.' She would rather be here instead of being dead.
Dear you, who's contemplating death, suicide is not an option. Be a hero in the fight....be a hero, stand up bravely for the fight...be a hero! Please come and talk to me: I'll listen, we can pull through it together. We can cry and laugh and pray about it. You can call me, you can text me.
Don't do it. Don't end your life. I can be your shrink for free. Taking your own life is sin if you are a Christian.

Listen to Matt Redman's 'Abide with me' ten times in a row. How do you feel now? Empowered? Strengthened? Alive?  Be a hero in the fight, your funeral will only attract a gathering of mourners who'll do nothing but pity you. Stand up, it will get better, be a hero in the fight! If I had taken that irreversible action in that low moment, you would not  be reading this piece now. Hold on!



Photo  Source:www. marieamoakwa- boadu.com

11 comments:

  1. That's lovely, I certainly don't want to end my life cos life's good and believe God made it so. God bless you Elly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully crafted.life matters no matter the matter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is beautiful no matter what the challenge is. Suicide is not an option at all... there's always light at the end of the tunnel.
    Beautiful piece sister. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suicide??.. Hell no! No matter the pain,no matter the low moments the sun shall definitely shine again. I chose life. Well crafted. Go Puppishgirl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete