Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Friday 5 May 2017

TIMES CHANGE...

I remember a week ago, on this day, I had woken up wishing I did not have to leave my bed at all. It was one of those  days that I wished I could sleep. Since I was not married to a millionaire  yet or I was not a millionaire or I was not done chasing my dreams, I could not afford to stay in bed. I had to wake up and face my hustle. I did that with so much discomfort. At a point, it felt like my body was failing me but, I overcame  the urge to have a lie down and bore my pain so well at least till evening. When I  could not take it anymore ; in my distress, the hard floor of the Answer Cathedral, my church auditorium, became my bed for hours as I struggled to bear the unending pain. The whole night, I wanted to cry: bearing my pain and forgetting who was watching or where I was.

Tonight, I'm hail and hearty. All over the place, going about my usual routine like I would. I did not feel like crying neither was the pain I felt last weekend there. I felt new. Sometimes we go through moments of distress and end up feeling like it's the end of the world. Our struggles, pain, challenges seem unending and we begin to wonder when it would all end. Every pain, challenge, turmoil, has an expiry date if you will learn that whatever it is you are going through will change by next week because just like the seasons change, so do the times change. My moment of distress did not linger on forever. Yours won't either.

Still holding on? Wondering when that pain or moment of distress will end, it is only temporary if you will look beyond today. The times will change!






Photo Source: Google photos

5 comments:

  1. Powerful and encouraging message. You are beautiful Elly. Thanks for sharing and May God bless you. Good evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks😃 You are welcome and God bless you too!

      Delete
    2. Thanks😃 You are welcome and God bless you too!

      Delete
  2. Couldn't have said it any better. Great writing 👏👏👏
    ...and don't worry, you'll be a millionairesoon ☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      I will be a millionaire soon😃😃

      Delete